'66 Convertible

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
This was a purchase from a lady selling it as "yard art" because she thought it was unridable. I showed her! (she was actually very nice). I was blown away by how much of the original color came back. I lost a lot of pin striping by barely touching it but there was really no way around that. New tires and wheels, new pedals painted red then "aged" with thin layer of tan paint (new, meaning taken from old bikes). Handlebars cleaned and painted. I love it but no one but people like us would look at this and think its cool. My own family said it still looks like junk! What do they know...

66 Convertible.jpg

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

Here's a "before" pic.

IMG_6565.jpg

Here's me riding it! (the frog sound is the pedals, meh it works).

Last edited:

OddJob

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Nice save on this old bike! Great job on getting that color to pop under all that rust and grime. And, thanks for providing the ride video! These rolling pieces of art are meant to be ridden after all. Well done, hope you had fun with your build. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
Your own family says it still looks like junk?!?! Tell them the word they are looking for is “nostalgic” 😆

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Great save on this little beauty! Well done!
That ride video is golden!! :D
CONGRATS!

Reaction score
This was a purchase from a lady selling it as "yard art" because she thought it was unridable. I showed her! (she was actually very nice). I was blown away by how much of the original color came back. I lost a lot of pin striping by barely touching it but there was really no way around that. New tires and wheels, new pedals painted red then "aged" with thin layer of tan paint (new, meaning taken from old bikes). Handlebars cleaned and painted. I love it but no one but people like us would look at this and think its cool. My own family said it still looks like junk! What do they know...

View attachment 168518

View attachment 168520

View attachment 168521

Here's a "before" pic.

View attachment 168522

Here's me riding it! (the frog sound is the pedals, meh it works).

View attachment 168523
You should have named the bike the 66 Frog Convertible... Cool little bike. RaToN... Razin..

Latest posts