67 Schwinn 26 “Stingray” electric conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my ‘67 black Schwinn with a Corvette chain guard I got somewhere. It has a Dillenger off road conversion kit. I had to weld on brackets for the rear disc brake and the battery which wasn’t designed to mount on a stylish curved tube like this old Schwinn. I have a internal brake front wheel on it as well. I used original Stingray handlebars, stem, sprocket, crank and pedals. The seat and sissy bar are modern reproductions.

it’s started making a intermittent knock sound when riding, but not when just spinning the rear tire when stopped, so I need to figure that one out.

Attachments

• C1CF92A3-2417-4AAA-BCFE-151C36EB0F54.jpeg
    C1CF92A3-2417-4AAA-BCFE-151C36EB0F54.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 61
  • CB362BB2-1C79-4633-84A7-E2FD8E2065C4.jpeg
    CB362BB2-1C79-4633-84A7-E2FD8E2065C4.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 59
Sweet. I could electrify my Spyder like that but I need the exercise.
Would that be a Sears Spyder? The one bike I have that isn’t a Schwinn is a Sears Spyder 10 speed. I had a 5 speed version when I was a kid, but it was too big for me and I got a new bike after a year or two. I don’t actually know what happened to the Spyder. I only know it was called a spyder from doing research and finding pictures of bikes with the 3 color paint job, and twin top bars which I remember vividly from my childhood bike… oh, and the shifter. As a kid I always thought the shifter looked like it should have 2 shifters, not just one. So when I found a 10 speed version with the twin shifters, I bought it. I hope to restore that bike eventually.

Mine is a five speed and yes it looks like there should be a second shift lever. It is a replica however, built up from a Flightliner frame.

Latest posts

Back