'68 Schwinn Hollywood muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this 24" Hollywood frame, not by choice, when I bought another frame off Craigslist. It sat around for years while I thought there must be a way to make something cool out of a step-through frame. I finally had a spark, just in time for the Winter Build Off.

Here's the build thread:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...lywood-gender-bender-all-but-finished.101811/

I cut out the top tube and added two inches to the down tube, just in front of the bottom bracket. The added length compensated for the 26" fork and gave a slight chopper look. The stock kickstand is intact. I made a new curved top-tube from another Schwinn frame.
Stock 24" S7 front wheel, 1 3/4" tire
"Standard" 24" rear wheel, 2.2" tire
Forged gooseneck
16" repop Stingray handlebars
Repop Stingray sissy bar
Original Schwinn seat
Custom, moulded in seat post clamp
Custom, moulded in brake lever clamp

Enjoy!
8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg
1.jpg 2.jpg
6.jpg 7.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Great work on converting the old gal into a sweet adult muscle bike!

I just took off full blast on the Hollywood from a dig, broke the chain; fell down. Bike hit the ground and scratched up the new handlebars and sissy bar, I guess it's a real bike now. :)

I just took off full blast on the Hollywood from a dig, broke the chain; fell down. Bike hit the ground and scratched up the new handlebars and sissy bar, I guess it's a real bike now. :)

Full bore! :D

Latest posts

Back