71 Stingray Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son was given an old Schwinn Stingray from a buddy of mine. Since he is in home school, he intends to build it up for "Shop Class" credit. I figured I would share the progress and I know we will have some questions...

He hopes to flip the bike to help pay for the 61 Ford Falcon we bought him as his first car.

Here is what he was given...

IMG_6839 2.jpeg

The first step was to clean up and paint the frame and form, and to get those together.
IMG_7258.jpeg

Today he cleaned up the handle bars and stem, and he is working on cleaning up the wheels.

We are missing the bolt that tightens the stem. We have the pinch part, but not the bolt. Does anyone happen to know what size bolt it is?

We are missing the bolt that tightens the stem. We have the pinch part, but not the bolt. Does anyone happen to know what size bolt it is?
I looked at a few, but found a whole stem that was pretty much the same price. The angle is wrong on this stem, so you can just swap the parts you need:
eBay item number: 374238220586

Latest posts

Back