'74 Schwinn Breeze. Adventures at the Thrift.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to Thrift today..looking for some 'bling' for my MBBO UNVEGA bike....and look what I dragged home
This baby was garaged...no rust.no kiddin'.going to shine up like you read about.
Geez..and, after I just sold two on CList yesterday, I thought I had gained a little room in the bike shed.
:bigsmile:

shwinnBreeze11_16_1.jpg

Rear Hub is Toast. Coaster brake that spins backwards, and wont drive the wheel pedaling frontwards...it just spins..I'll get to lookin' at that someday.

Have a watch of the video in this thread: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....-rodding-your-cb-hub-for-klunking-duty.93356/

Nice clear explanation of how coaster hubs fit together and ways to make it work and last better! :thumbsup:

Luke.
Thanks Luke, I'll give that a peep for sure.

Edit: I watched that a long time ago before I ever really tore a hub apart...it makes a whole lot more sense now...I dig the mods he did with the loose bearings and chamfering of the shoes...that was great..thanks again...OH, and I like his videographer too....:43:

Last edited:
Wow! That's a clean One! Good Grab!

I'm sure once you tear the hub apart it will be obvious what's wrong with it.
How's it going bro? .....
yeah, I've cleaned out a couple now...one other I did the brake shoes had slid together and were all gunked....and that's a great vid that Luke recommended above...I have three in line before I get to that bike..yaaay.lucky me.
f.

Latest posts

Back