'78 Columbia Trike "Revs" Rollin'!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '78 Columbia Trike "Revs"

Too nice outside to get much work done today, did plenty of riding thou. Just got this cable barrel done but it's a critical piece of the shifter.

cabledrum.jpg

rev8003.jpg

Got some more shifter bits started. Drilled the holes for the cable drum thru the body. Judging by the the weight of this thing so far, I'm getting away from my mission statement. :)

Normally I don't show action shots of construction but the programmer disk was a tough cut. Very noisy!

rev9001.jpg

rev9002.jpg

Prog. disk friction spacer, thanks Country Crock!

rev9004.jpg

rev9006.jpg

Strap being used to prevent wheel flop.

rev9005.jpg

rev9003.jpg

Finally got it on it's own wheels and dragged it outside for pics, also got to sit on it for the first time.

rev10003.jpg

rev10002.jpg

rev10001.jpg

not sure if you had planned on changing this or not, but the only thing i dont like is the loooooong stem. other than that, i love it!

Easy E

Yea, E, it'll be gone. I may leave a few inches of it, as i have some chrome tubing that slips over it. When I get the bars that I'm gonna' use, I'll decide then. I'd like the grips at eye level.

Computer is dead and in the shop, so no pics. Bummer.
Got new hub and bolted second sprocket on using 18 6-32 cap screws.
Shifter is just about done, awaiting third parts order to come in some time this week.

Still no computer, may be another week. Got seat recovered and framejoints ground down.

After nearly 3 weeks, Battleaxe order finally came in, sent wrong chain(had to order 2). 3/32" instead of 1/8". Way to go, looks they wouln't be seein' any more of my money. Started stripping frame for paint, but weather looks bad for a week.

No computer has wrecked this build post, so I'm callin' it done. Been riding it for a few days. Had to upload photo's at work.
Look for the painted "Revs" in the gallery.

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Upper Class White Trash said:
where are the wheelie pics/video at???? looking good !!!

Fortunately, front end is a bit heavy for wheelies, front wheel will pick up slightly when torqued.
Last thing I need is to rotate this monster on top of me! :D :D :D

And someday I hope to put a firewire card in my comp. so I can get some vids up!

OH! That's NICE!

Cool trike!!

I had one, I bought it from some kids for ten bucks. It got stolen before I could move it to my new apartment. I was going to back half it and convert my Lotus Pegasus to a trike.

Latest posts

Back