8-Ply

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of pivot action did you come up with for that brake? What keeps it from folding in on itself when braking?

The front brake wasn't doing anything, as the bike is so heavy, the coaster brake wasn't even slowing it down. On the other hand, the spoon brake is proving to be very effective, so I removed the front brake, and changed out the rim for the 57mm red wheel that I liked better on here anyway. Much happier with it set up like this.
IMG_3419_zpsux4up0d1.jpg

I think I'm officially calling the fab work done. After Cyclefest this weekend, I'll tear this thing down, and start clean up, any paint and other details, and just generally put lipstick on this pig.

Oink Oink!!
That's one purty pig as it sits!!
I really dug the front brake, but that wheel looks great with the rest of the build.
One of the best of this year's build off in my opinion

Uber awesome! I really like the clean front end too:thumbsup: To me that back tire screams big lettering... a big goodyear or hoosier might be pretty sweet:39:

Actually, the frame isn't getting painted. I was referring to the tire. ;)
688879203_Capture_122_201lo_zps84d1a3cc.jpg

Oink Oink!!
That's one purty pig as it sits!!
I really dug the front brake, but that wheel looks great with the rest of the build.
One of the best of this year's build off in my opinion
definitely a purty pig,with white walls.....love me some fat white walls,yea baby yea

Even in it's unfinished state, 8-Ply won "Best Rat Rod" at the Sacramento Cyclefest Bicycle Show today! I rode it on the pre-show cruise last night, and put 5 miles on it with no problems. It's actually quite easy to ride, even though it's a single speed.
Rat%20Bike%20Trophy_zpsm8ttbmcf.jpg

Even in it's unfinished state, 8-Ply won "Best Rat Rod" at the Sacramento Cyclefest Bicycle Show today! I rode it on the pre-show cruise last night, and put 5 miles on it with no problems. It's actually quite easy to ride, even though it's a single speed.
Congrats on the win! This picture really helps put the bike into perspective, by itself the proportions just were too deceiving....would be cool to see a pic / vid of you riding the bike. Car tires on bikes....you guys never cease to amaze me!

why wouldn't it has great lines and a really tuff look to it .

No surprises at all in you getting that trophy!
CONGRATS!!!

Painted the rim red, and tried out the white wall paint that I bought some time ago. It was for my old pick up truck, but I sold that, so I used some here. It was a bit sloppy, and I shouldn't have tried to go all the way to the rim, but hey, overall, I'm happy with it. It'll definitely make it stand out more. The other side was done second, and looks better.
IMG_3507_zpsyttz1nw3.jpg

I then got out a pinstriping tool that I bought for my wife (which she never touched), and laid some red stripes down the sides of the tubing on the frame. It was my first time trying it, but other than a few goofy spots, I think it came out alright. Several firsts for me on this bike. Didn't get a picture of the frame yet, so you'll see that next update.

Baby got back , that things got curves in all the right places. It's going to look sweet with the tire painted ! [emoji241]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White wall turned out well,I did it on one of my bikes it takes some prep and patience. Good job.

Latest posts

Back