85 Ross Mt. Washington

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While shopping for parts at my buddy's massive outdoor stash, I spotted something interesting among the 10 speeds. Turns out it's an 85 Ross Mt. Washington, the economy model of one of the very first mass produced mountain bikes. I might have to go back and wrench it from the grasp of the forest trying to consume it.

IMG_20210529_143757748.jpg

IMG_20210529_143803258.jpg

Anyone ever build a bike, just because someone else would HATE it?
I don't know about hate...but, I got what I thought was an old Motomag frame, it wasn't, it's a Royce Union clone. Since then, I've picked up an actual Motomag frame. My plan is to build up the Motomag with all era appropriate Ashtabula and mongoose parts...the Royce Union is going to be built up with higher end fakes and modern parts. I'm looking forwarded to showing them together :grin:.

I don't know about hate...but, I got what I thought was an old Motomag frame, it wasn't, it's a Royce Union clone. Since then, I've picked up an actual Motomag frame. My plan is to build up the Motomag with all era appropriate Ashtabula and mongoose parts...the Royce Union is going to be built up with higher end fakes and modern parts. I'm looking forwarded to showing them together :grin:.
Looking forward to seeing them!

Yeah that's the MeaTBurR. It's pretty brutal over there. They bag on my Specializeds for not being high end enough. I still visit occasionally for the info, but the "culture" is a dumpster fire. There is an old Japanese saying that applies: "the nail that stands out gets hammered down". If you don't or won't conform to their norm, expect the hits

Yeah that's the MeaTBurR. It's pretty brutal over there. They bag on my Specializeds for not being high end enough. I still visit occasionally for the info, but the "culture" is a dumpster fire.
Yeah, emptybeer is the suck and has been for a long time, mostly frequented by sycophantic ninnies who think money can fix the fact they don't know how to ride a bicycle in the dirt.

Latest posts

Back