A 20 dollar middleweight for my little sister

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a cold snowy day last week…
I went in the local Salvation Army store…
I hit all the usual spots in the store and low and behold…
Much to my surprise…
I see this old schwinn…
I look for the price…
And wow it’s marked $20… :shock:
I look it over…
It looks like it is mostly complete… 8)
Missing the tank horn and the rear reflector…

debutante101.jpg

debutante102.jpg

debutante103.jpg

debutante104.jpg

debutante105.jpg

debutante106.jpg

This debutante was sold from Pee-Dee’s in North Kansas City Missouri…
It build date is September 23 1960…
Betting it sold in 1961…
She looks like she’ll clean up nicely…
And my 21 year old sister can’t wait to ride it to college next spring…
Oh yea… her name is not Donna but she said the license plate stays… :mrgreen:

ponytailmike
mike

WOW. That is really cool. What are the tires?

The rack with the reflectors is worth about $100 alone. (ok, maybe not with all the rust, but who cares about that) That's a package find....time capsule! All it needs is those spoke reflectors gently smashed off and a once-over. Wow. If you decide to replace the tires, let me know, I might want to buy them to go on a non-rider.

Try Comet or Ajax with bleach and a toothbrush on the white paint (stay away from the decals of course) the white will clean right up with any luck!

Nice find. I know you will make it look nice for her. I keep looking at all the thrift shops and all I find are 20" bikes. One day I'll hit the jackpot.

no kidding, all I ever find at the local thrifties are incredibly sorry mountain bikes with a dozen parts missing or a pair of crutches. Anyway, sweet find, your sis is very lucky.

Great find Mike, That should clean up nice. Make sure your sister has a good lock when she rides it to her classes.If she doesn't have one I know a great shop where you can get one. Hint Hint LOL

Latest posts

Back