A couple of Schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been away for a while doing my motorized two wheel hobby. After a broken ankle from that hobby, I decided to go back to bicycles. It should also help strengthen my ankle, so maybe one day I can go back to work. While in a cast I was able to clean up a 1975 Schwinn scrambler that is hanging in my shop
P4220035.jpg

My cousin gave me a 1983 Schwinn road bike frame and a couple of no name rims. I replaced the rear multi gear cassette to a BMX freewheel. Also ordered the parts I needed and clean and repainted the frame, and rims. Cleaned and regreased the bottom bracket and fork bearings. Cleaned and used Dot 5 brake fluid to freshen up the faded black plastic brake levers. Still working on getting the brakes finished, but the ones on the front I will move to the rear and I found an old set that I think will work better for the front.
schwinn1.jpg

schwin2.jpg

schwinn3.jpg

Since I put this in builds, and not in the Gallery, I should put some pics of the build.
Schwinn6.jpg

Schwinn4.jpg

Schwinn5.jpg

P4230034.jpg

Schwinn7.jpg

Latest posts

Back