A folding modern cruiser bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up a folding adult cruiser bike on CL. It is a modern chinese frame cruiser that had a tank plate and looks as if someone cut the doen tube and top tube ,in front of the seat tube, and welded some door hinges, then powder coated blue. ... but it was a company called "Monster Bike".. the website on the sticker shows "monster-bikes.com" but that is currently a dead link, and the model is a " Dr. Jekyl". Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_E3967.JPG
    IMG_E3967.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3972.JPG
    IMG_3972.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3973.JPG
    IMG_3973.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 67
I picked up a folding adult cruiser bike on CL. It is a modern chinese frame cruiser that had a tank plate and looks as if someone cut the doen tube and top tube ,in front of the seat tube, and welded some door hinges, then powder coated blue. ... but it was a company called "Monster Bike".. the website on the sticker shows "monster-bikes.com" but that is currently a dead link, and the model is a " Dr. Jekyl". Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Post a pic of the bike.

It doesn't look well planned either: note the worn, scratched area on the hinge where it interferes with the bb. Seems possible this might be a home job that they stuck a sticker on, trying to get a business started

It doesn't look well planned either: note the worn, scratched area on the hinge where it interferes with the bb. Seems possible this might be a home job that they stuck a sticker on, trying to get a business started
Yep, that notch in the crank arm was deliberate, not worn. I suspect they were trying to make room so the frame could fold tighter against itself.

Latest posts

Back