A frame question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to buy a straight bar frame, and I need some suggestions. I've been looking at the red menace frame listed on ebay, and wanted to know if anyone else had bought one. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it, thanks, Dave.

I want to buy a straight bar frame, and I need some suggestions. I've been looking at the red menace frame listed on ebay, and wanted to know if anyone else had bought one. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it, thanks, Dave.

I haven't seen the Red Menace in-person, but i've looked it over on the GBP site, and it looks awesome for an import frame. Really cool that it's chromed, and the chromoly fork seems bomber... i'm about to buy one of those a la carte, I think. Thing is, I've bought stuff from Paul at Genuine before; he's a good guy who stands behind his product. And, awesomely, he's a member here on RRB. @rev106 So, hit him up if you have any questions not addressed on the eBay auction or the GBP site. http://genuinebicycleproducts.com/redmenace.html

Thanks for the mention. I don't like pushing my stuff on people but for the money I don't think you'll get a nicer bike that retain old school aspect to a "T" unlike many "retro" styled bmx cruisers out there.

Thanks for the mention. I don't like pushing my stuff on people but for the money I don't think you'll get a nicer bike that retain old school aspect to a "T" unlike many "retro" styled bmx cruisers out there.

I know you don't like to push your product and guys who act like that on forums are annoying, so it's much appreciated.... so i try to give you some shout-outs on here and FB and whatnot. I think you have some great stuff for sale on your site, though... don't sell it short and the Menace is rad! (Just not as rad as the Article One...)

FWIW, you do spend a lot of time/effort pushing your rides ad other events on here, and i think that's great. It's all about the community and the ride experience, right? I'd be there for the CBC if i were in Cali.

Last edited:
Yes, for me events are where it is at, that is true community. The use of the thing is way more important than the thing itself. All of these bike makers back in the day wanted people to go out and use what they had to offer, not hold on to them like some quasi-religious artifact. So keep shredding! If you ever wanted to do the cbc, you can crash at my pad any time, of course an east coast series could happen too right? :)

Y'know, I think I'm going to put on a CB race here in Camden County, and not even worry if i'm the only guy riding it, haha. Maybe I oughta try and organize it for this fall, see what happens?

A couple loaners, flyers to all the bike shops in a 20 mile radius would be a good place to start. My first ones had 6-10 people now we do 20-30...

A couple loaners, flyers to all the bike shops in a 20 mile radius would be a good place to start. My first ones had 6-10 people now we do 20-30...

I've been stockpiling loaners...bangers with cb-e110 hubs and low gearing... I think my biggest worry is about liability. Too many douchekabobs running around, suing everybody. :mad:

Well yeah I guess that is a concern but if it a free event and the perils involved are obvious....My crew knows what they are getting into.

Exactly... I think most ppl are reasonable and fun-loving, but it only takes one loser to try'n get all litigious and ruin things for everyone.

Latest posts

Back