A new buildoff thread?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldbikeguy1960

My name is Rob, and I approve this rant.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, now after seeing a wheelbarrow buildoff thread I felt it was time to bring this old girl out of the pile.
I started this about 8 years ago, and since have used the engine in trade to do an STD/S&S 124" Shovelhead bottom/STD Panhead top Softail chopper.
Here she was in all her former glory.
Screenshot_20220427-104237_Photos.jpg

My 1951 Panhead 3 wheel dolly.

The original plan was to build rear wheel steering and use a solo seat mounted to half a single leaf spring for suspension. Larger drive wheels were also considered. Definitely ones that held air.
Rob

Headlights would've been inset in the bottom plate, now the front panel. Louvers would be cut in the panel for air circulation.
How many Harley guys would be pissed at rhis bike?
I am sure the cart was made in China.

I have owned and operated 4 forklifts at my metal processing facility. The concept of a rear steer motorcycle is scary.
That is what makes life worth dying for.

Last edited:
I have owned and operated 4 forklifts at my metal processing facility
Nice. I am a surgeon on a rear steer lift. Many hours operating the big ones in the warehouse. Like playing a real life video game, and getting paid!

Nice. I am a surgeon on a rear steer lift. Many hours operating the big ones in the warehouse. Like playing a real life video game, and getting paid!
I used to run one at a print shop that had a ball for steering. Man that was fun in an open area!

A two wheeler would be impossible for me to ride with my limited skills. I honestly admit that I seem to be better at assembling these things than riding them.
A three or four wheeler would be totally enjoyable though.
This was set to be a rear steer 3 wheeler.
I do not have enough spare parts to build another engine so it would have to be Pedal or maybe electric.
I suppose a 4 stroke Horizontal isn't out of the question.

Latest posts

Back