and

Class Two Winners!!!

A swissguy living in germany

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I'm a swiss guy, living in Berlin, germany, married to a beautiful wife and father of two boys (born 2012 and 2013). Currently I am working as teacher in a private primary school. I'm into bikes since my childhood days, always owning at least one at a time, most of the times more... I even made my military service in the swiss army as a member of the cyclist troups (funfact: the guy at min 1:35 in the linked video became my commander about three years after this report was broadcasted)!
My first real build was a touring bike I put together in 1994 and still own and ride until today. After that, for a long time nothing happend until 2013 I started to build a vintage style trailer for my first kid. After that I restored (and pimped) a matching bike from the 50ties, after that I built a new daily out of the frame parts of a chinese cargo bike and from there on it got worse (at least according to my wife:wink1:).

I documented most of my first builds on tretharley.de (sorry, german only) and sometimes on instructables. I go there by "uersel".
As I participated in BO 11 I shifted from documenting on tretharley more and more over here. So I think, this post (and thread) is a good spot to link together my different builds...

Currently I'm working on:
Campground Stroller Trike
IMG_20210606_125700145_HDR.jpg

And here comes my fleet:
ClearOut (BO14, 2019)
index.php

My 50ties NSU with trailer (Also documented on instructables.com):
d31e48b04949e2644c752a73a19abb2c.jpg

My chinese daily:
file.php

My swiss army bike (I did my military service on this one!):
(I really need to take a better picture of this one...)
file.php

In 2015 I built this nice and practical ride: Capitan Terror (documented in german)
SAM_1283~01.jpg

BO11 BarrelBanana Lowrider (2016) (finished thread)
Build thread is here
Meanwhile I took it apart for another project, which I never finished, because the (ruined) bottom bracket is putting up a good fight...

Started during the BO12 in 2017, finished in 2018: The Wolverine (thread 1) (thread 2)

index.php

My very first self built bike (1994): Herkelman Trekking Rad, still in use (minus the trailer)
file.php

The EggBeater (BO13, 2018):
index.php

Neckermann folder (26") from the late 60ties/early 70ties, currently ridden by my wife, will probably be sold as soon as she has got another train station rider or be stolen soon (in Berlin every 7 minutes a bike ist stolen...)
CameraZOOM-20180728102152324.jpg

Unfinished business:

The Swiss Cycl'o'path (started in BO12 in 2017, still hanging on the wall in the basement) Will not be finished, as the frame found another use....
index.php

Sold:

Bianchi Bersaglieri (1939 italian military bike, folding bike with full suspension and solid rubber tires) will travel to Indonesia soon together with the military attache...
SAM_4582.JPG

Unknown 50ties tandem (will be rebuilt by someone else...)
SAM_8950.jpg

Falter Cargo bike (frame was far beyond saving, so it was sold in parts)
DSCN3802.JPG

NSU Ladies bike from the 50ties, got it for cheap on a flea market and back home I realized that the frame was broken, so it was sold in parts...
SAM_5816.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome/Willkommen--Alle paar Jahre Reise ich nach Deutschland.

Im Raum Dresden werden im Oktober für eine 7-Tage-Fahrradtour.

Meine Frau ist Deutsch, so dass es immer eine Gelegenheit, ihr Haus für ein wenig bekommen.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bikes! Dagnabbit...I just got back from 3 weeks in Berlin visiting with my daughter. Next time I'm there we should catch up for a ride/beer/coffee or the whole trifecta? What part of Berlin are you in?
My daughter lives in Charlottenburg-nord

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice bikes! Dagnabbit...I just got back from 3 weeks in Berlin visiting with my daughter. Next time I'm there we should catch up for a ride/beer/coffee or the whole trifecta? What part of Berlin are you in?
My daughter lives in Charlottenburg-nord
I'm located in Lichterfelde. That's not that far away.
Next time you are around let me know. I usually have a bike or two on stock for a ride-out... :113:

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Swissguy do you know if the Swiss military bikes can be adjusted for someone about 5' tall? Just wondering as I think I may be able to get one. Thanks and Be Well, SS.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swiss military bike (Ordonnanzrad 05) was originally built with the average soldier of that time in mind. So it should be good as of 165cm height. As far as I remember our smaller colleagues in our platoon had about that size, and they basically put the saddle stem in the lowest possible position and turned the horizontal part to the back, to make it point down to get an even slightly lower position.
So with 5' (152.40 cm according to google) you are probably right at the threshold of usability. As it is a wonderful bike, maybe you should give it a try anyway...

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That doesn't give me as much hope as I had wanted. It is quite a bit of money. I have been thinking about it but if it is a failed experiment I won't be able to recover my money. I have been hoping to do this OR have a custom bike built with a setup for a trailer. I had the money set aside for the custom but my builder never messaged me. I was watching for it like a kid at Christmas. I am an adult at times and can get past it. Just had hopes. If he can build it, it will only be in the winter when he is layed off from work. I can only hope he will get back with me. I don't want to push a true artist in steel. Be Well, SS.

Latest posts