a try at making a "lucky 7"... er.."T"... seat post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: just realised i got the name wrong. basmans call their's a "T" seat post.

experimenting with a "t" type seat post. i was looking at the ones on the basmans and thinking it would help me with a tandem idea i've been playing with for a while

bikes001-18.jpg

tried to do the best welding i could on it since it will hold weight in a kind of offset way. i also added the gusset on the back end to help keep it together too.

also stuck a piece of bar stock down the center of the horizontal tube to help keep it from bending

bikes002-10.jpg

welded in on each end and tacked in a few spots along the tube. i hope it works.

on the bike

bikes003-5.jpg

i can tell already it moved the seat forward a bit. i can sit on the back seat and it's just about there for me with the back seat all the way out. didn't try the front to see how much more cramped it might be, but hopefully the new post will come into play then. i can pull the post out and move the seat forward to make up for raising it.

here is the bike so it makes a little more sence

bikes005-2.jpg

the short version is i started with a king/queen motorcycle seat when i first got the idea, but it put the riders too close so i went with two seats and still tried to keep them close. but i've been worried i still got the two positions a little too close. i think this is going to give me enough adjustablilty to to get two people on it. the long version (build) is on freakbike.

so anyway, there it is.

Latest posts

Back