A vote about extending the MBBO/BMXBO deadline

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The MBBO/BMXBO deadline should be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I def need more time due to supply chain issues caused by Covid. Thanks for doing this Crash.

I like the option of having until March to finish our builds. Between having to set my original project aside and switch to another after budget issues, the holidays, running into even more complications with the new build, and an unpleasant increase in burnout, those extra weeks would be a life-saver.

I have no skin in this, but I voted for the Feb 1 extension. Makes sense to add a hand full of days for the supply chain problems caused by restrictions.

45 seems insane. (Hehehe) don't want it to drag on for too long, might damage the reputation of the system

March is rubbing elbows with the little Unofficial March Shootout I've been running for a couple years to fill the gap between the MBBO and the Main Build Off... but no big deal, it's minor thing with only a few entrants anyway. With the idea of two more months on a 3+ months buildoff now I doubt anyone here will enter a 31 day shootout... lol
But I am abstaining from the vote. I'm good with whatever you guys decide, I'm trying to shed my "grumpy oldmanitude" for my New Year's Resolution.

Snarl. (I mean Carl....)

I have no skin in this, but I voted for the Feb 1 extension. Makes sense to add a hand full of days for the supply chain problems caused by restrictions.

45 seems insane. (Hehehe) don't want it to drag on for too long, might damage the reputation of the system
If we get 2 more months (even if Feb is a shorty...) jump on in...

Carl.

Thanks for stepping in @CRASH. I voted for the March 1st deadline but either extension is fine with me. This past year has been so weird and getting parts has been an issue. I lean toward getting as many builds across the finish line as possible.

This poll will close: Jan 4, 2021. Your vote will be publicly visible.

Reminder... fine print.

I’m done so I really have no say in it but I was flip flopping between the two choices and picked the later. BUT my vote put it to 6-4 later date which means if I had gone the other way it would have been 5-5. So maybe split the difference and pick mid February.

I'll be honest, if the deadline only gets pushed to February 1st, I'm probably still going to throw in the towel on my muscle bike build. I need more time to work with my welder, figure out a new paint scheme so I can have an easier time finding a matching seat, figure out if I'm going with a 3 speed or single speed, and just to have a chance of warm enough weather to paint everything.

If the deadline doesn't get extended to March 1st, I may just stop working on the MBBO and work on rustoring (yes, rustoring) a couple bikes in my collection that just need to be cleaned up and reassembled. Participating in these bike build offs is great and all, but they can wear me out both mentally and financially after a bit, I've found.

March is rubbing elbows with the little Unofficial March Shootout I've been running for a couple years to fill the gap between the MBBO and the Main Build Off... but no big deal, it's minor thing with only a few entrants anyway. With the idea of two more months on a 3+ months buildoff now I doubt anyone here will enter a 31 day shootout... lol
But I am abstaining from the vote. I'm good with whatever you guys decide, I'm trying to shed my "grumpy oldmanitude" for my New Year's Resolution.

Snarl. (I mean Carl....)

I’m still all in on the March build off! It’s gonna get crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back