Aardvark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a couple more shots of it a little farther on 1/2 hour putting on seat clamp forks headset and crank bearing cups .
The sun is not cooperating with my picture taking it's either raining or has a layer of forest fire smoke .
Colour turned out really nice .
These are pictures with stock fork and Head badge .

IMG_2065.jpeg
IMG_2066.jpeg

Here's some parts I have to fix a couple of problems .
My brake cables are too short and my shifter cable is too long so will have to make new ones .
I have almost all the adapters to make them just need one more end piece .
I was thinking of making them anyway as this way I can choose the colour although I did like the silver coloured brake cables .
IMG_9240.JPG
IMG_9244.JPG

Heres the bars and brake handles that I may be using may go a different route though
Probably switch out that stem as well
IMG_2067.jpeg

Here's the cranks and pedals I'll be using
IMG_9238.JPG

BRING IT ON!! LOOKS GREAT... PEACE

All problems are sorted went to the bike shop today picked up all new cabling red housing and adapters for the brakes .
Also borrowed the fork tool just needed a slight adjustment .

IMG_2113.jpeg

Also had to whip up this part little bit of drilling on the drill press as front brake had a totally different cable setup .
All good now .

IMG_2115.jpeg

Heres a couple more shots of it a little farther on 1/2 hour putting on seat clamp forks headset and crank bearing cups .
The sun is not cooperating with my picture taking it's either raining or has a layer of forest fire smoke .
Colour turned out really nice .
These are pictures with stock fork and Head badge .

View attachment 168348View attachment 168349
That's gorgeous!

Paint is Metalcast lots of people have been asking I was going to use a Mazda paint colour that is pretty much the same
but it is a three stage process and would have been really pricey .
This came out almost exactly the same colour .
Used a different Mazda colour on this bike a couple of BO'S ago
This was single stage paint .
IMG_8166.JPG

Super nice work on those saddles!!!!

Decided to run the chain guard much bodywork to get it smooth again .
Here's your plastic metal bondo again and a bunch of tiny hammering.

IMG_2140.jpeg

Way behind on posting pics here's some shots lighting has not been good if its not overcast with smoke its raining
and had wicked golf ball size hailstorm a day ago nice plants that were on my deck are history as well as the roofs on my neighbour and brother in laws gazebo's

Had to use fork tool as forks were slightly pushed back but all good now .
Wheels bars cranks chain and pedals on in these shots also nice old big brake leavers that I rehabbed .

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_2088.jpeg

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_9248.JPG
IMG_2104.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back