AIR RAID!!!( Chain Guard pics!!! July 18th!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AIR RAID

hey now thats a good idea karfer!! i wont give em all away jon dont worry. i dont care if everybody knows what im doin. im horrible about keeping secrets and lettin the cat outta the bag too early! oh well!! ill definately have to post videos of shootin the fenders. man im excited to do this!!!

DD sold his latest siren and i was 2nd in line on it but i think chimi got it.

Easy E

Hey elvis ...here's what to do...go ahead and build your bike then invite all of us over with our own personal favorite firearms and we'll shoot the crap out of it while jon stands there and holds it up for us.Sounds like a plan to me...anything to help a pal with his build!!!...Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Hey elvis ...here's what to do...go ahead and build your bike then invite all of us over with our own personal favorite firearms and we'll shoot the crap out of it while jon stands there and holds it up for us.Sounds like a plan to me...anything to help a pal with his build!!!...Pappy 8)

lol your too funny pappy!!! but that sounds like a good plan? jon you down?!

Easy E

thought id update everyone on the AIR RAID!!!! pics of the wheels im using.

100_1174.jpg

i got the frame, fork, and fenders primed and ready for paint!

RRBBO4bike315.jpg

RRBBO4bike317.jpg

RRBBO4bike318.jpg

the wife and baby will be outta town next week for a few days visiting her family so ill be gettin ALOT of work done in the garage!!! more up dates to come!!!

Easy E

Re: AIR RAID (update!!!! may21)

What's in Elvis's bike build off tool kit:

Wrenches
Pliers
Big f'ing hammer
Ar-15 semi automatic

Be careful playing shoot em up and please move the fenders away from the house before you shoot them!

Glad to see you're making good use of your couch.
My wife doesn't seem to understand how the couch offers the perfect angle for taking proper pics.
Do you need a permit to shoot a bicycle? And if so, what's the limit?? :)

Looking forward to watching your progress Elvis.
Regards,
Jules

you look sorta close to your neighbors to be letting loose with an ar 15. do you go to a range?

TO ALL THAT FEAR FOR MY NEIGHBORS: lol i wont be shooting the AR 15 in my neighborhood, my uncle owns his own motocross shop that is out in the sticks, where he has a shooting range setup for him and his cop buddies. it will be in a safe and controlled enviroment!!!

Easy E

Fear for your neighbors heck, im worried about you...ever hear the saying "give a baby a gun! :shock: :? :roll: :lol:

so i got some painting done early this week.....

even though you cant see it(cuz i forgot to take pics of it!!! :roll: ) i layed down some masking tape on top of the flat black, then i shot it with some rustoleum graphite color that i had bought, kinda a dark gray with flake in it. very cool color.
RRBBO4bike324.jpg

RRBBO4bike325.jpg

lol and yes i know the person in the 2nd picture is doin a hand stand before anybody asks!!! smokin a cig and doin a hand stand!!! lol :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

heres a pic with the tape peeled off, you can see the flat black peekin thru the graphite. some might ask why i did it that way, the answer to that will come later when i have more pics to share!!!

RRBBO4bike328-1.jpg

RRBBO4bike329-1.jpg

also did a little taping jobbie on the front fender, ive got more of it done since the pic was taken but the wife has the camera and shes outta town. more pics to come when she returns home!
RRBBO4bike326.jpg

thats all for now! thanks for the comments and kind words on the build so far everyone!

Easy E

Re: AIR RAID (update!!!! may29th)

where are the dots? I WANT DOTS!!!
looking good so far

Re: AIR RAID (update!!!! may29th)

Great painting. Masking tape is to painters what bailing wire is to cowboys. :mrgreen:

Re: AIR RAID (BIG UPDATE!!!! June 18th!!!)

well folks, ive had a really crap month so far. ive lost my grandpa bob and my great grandmother in the past 2weeks... its been really tough lately but you just gotta push through it sometimes

so heres my updates so far!!!

i got the paint all done on the bike. i added "dots" on the whole bike to make it look like its a fighter plane kinda. with the rivets and the sheet metal effect. look for em on the fenders and you can kinda see em on the frame barely. theres sooo many of em!!! and i finally got my fenders shot!!! literally!!! i just went out to my uncles shop and he shot em quite a bit for me! they look awesome. the front fender isnt completely done yet but theres some sneak peek photos of it mocked up.

i couldnt get my videos of him shooting it to upload to photobucket, but luckily i took a picture as well. heres where im at so far with everything.... shes coming along nicely!!! i still have lots of ideas in my head yet to be put to use...

feel free to comment and leave thoughts and ideas.

heres my uncle chad shooting the fender. his AR15 is gettin worked on right now so we used one of his pistols..
100_1408.jpg

and heres the finished product....looks alot better than those stickers id say!!
100_1409-1.jpg

100_1410.jpg

100_1411-1.jpg

heres some what of a mock up with the wheels and seat and bars and fenders....
100_1413.jpg

100_1414.jpg

thats all for now folks!!! more to come when i get more done!!! lol

Easy E

That looks like a fun build! 40 S&W?

the paint is very well done i really like the take on the star done to the front fender. and the bullet holes i mean come on how cool is that?

fantastic details :!: i think the pistol was a better choice anyway- the .223 might have been too clean, like a paper hole punch!

8) 8) 8)

you cant really tell very well by some of the pictures but i made sure he shot it so it had enter and exit wounds.... to make it more realistic...

and yea ej its a S n W 40

Easy E

Latest posts

Back