Airship

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second last item sorted. This is the reason for the left hand drive train. I have used a rear hub as the mid drive. This gives me coasting ability still, and allows me to drive to the back wheel
20210823_211014.jpg
20210823_211020.jpg

Last item on the list is sorting chains now, then a test ride can happen.

Last edited:
This weekend is paint time. I'm hoping with paint and polish, the less attractive side of the wheels can be dressed to an acceptable level. We will see how that goes. Keen to hop on and get some riding in. Currently winter down in Australia, but coming into spring. Perfect riding weather coming up

With those tires, you could throw rotten garbage into the wheel and it would look cool!!! :D

OK, it's Friday night down under. All fab work is complete, drive train all working and got in a successful test ride in the dark:grin: The 6 mile ride on strava might be a challenge, but I'll rolls along awesome on loose gravel. My daughter even got on for a test ride and loved it. Tomorrow is tear down and paint day.
20210827_202705.jpg
20210827_202631.jpg
20210827_202653.jpg
20210827_202617.jpg

Good color combo! Keep crankin on it!

We have had fat wheeled bike builds before. And we've had automobile wheeled bikes before. But this wheel and tire combo is FAT!

This build is so fun! Paint is looking good. And those tires are, just; HUGE!

Beautiful!

Just noticed the background. You must have a wheel and tire shop. If so, this rolling art will be a cool advertising piece for you!!!

Latest posts

Back