Airship

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is gonna be awesome!!!!!

MO FATTA
MO BETTA

Forks are well on the way, need to sort some hubs and rim centres next
20210516_120703.jpg

tenor.gif

I made myself a roll cage bender for a race car project we're building, using a purchased set of dies for 1 3/4" Dom tubing.
So, having a bender, I decided to have a go at making the Airship frame from 1 3/4"tube.
20201204_123804.jpg
here's the bender in action.
20210524_171543.jpg

Top tube and bottom tube bent up to suit.
Again, the skinny wheels for scale. Same diameter as the fatties

Kinda funny to see these

1621867797016.png

being used for "scale" for these :D :D :D :D

1621867878238.png

Kinda like using Manute Bol as a scale substitute for Shaq. :D :D :D

Last edited:
I made myself a roll cage bender for a race car project we're building, using a purchased set of dies for 1 3/4" Dom tubing.
So, having a bender, I decided to have a go at making the Airship frame from 1 3/4"tube. View attachment 158691 here's the bender in action.
View attachment 158692
Top tube and bottom tube bent up to suit.
Again, the skinny wheels for scale. Same diameter as the fatties
Who’s dies are you using in the tube bender?

Now having a frame, it was just asking me to ride it. I temporarily welded on the rear triangle and fitted the back wheel from the mtb donor bike, threw on a fork front, wheel and bars. Joined a couple of old chains together and it was ready for a test ride.
20210529_134327.jpg

Rode up and down the driveway a few times. Seat Needs to go back a little more. Other than that it does what it should. Stoaked to have a test ride on it. Grinning from ear to ear hahaha. Next step is to get this fat boots onto it.

Hard to believe that is the same bike, but great idea to test out the ride geometry before you dive into the fatness

If you get a flat tire on a ride, it will be like this. :D

20210613_085447.jpg

Latest posts

Back