Cut out two pieces of steel from the template, one slightly different than the other for imperfections in the tank shape. I then proceeded to tack the wrong side on. sigh... Ah well. I'll make it work. It'll just take a little more work.
With another build going on, and a couple of customer items in the shop, this one has been on pause. I knew that this one would be a slow burn from the beginning, because this is the one build that I don't want to rush.
It's very disappointing to see all of my photos down, but I really don't feel like fixing them. So, I'll just move onward. I worked on this bike for the first time in a long time this weekend. I started stitch welding the tank pieces together, did some welding on the frame here and there, and adjusted the chain guard to fit better. Put some parts back on it, so that it looks more like the Airflo I'm going for.
I've been thinking a lot about how to make the curved fender braces. I've imagined many ways to do it. In fact, I thought myself in so many circles, that I did nothing. I finally made the call to just try something, even if it doesn't work. I took a steel exercise bike wheel I've had in my junk pile, and cut it up to use the curves. It might just work.