Alchemist Airflow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno about the idea of going past the headtube extending the tank. Looks sorta off compared to the flowing section between the bars. Maybe finish the main tank body 1st, then decide if you want to continue building it forward later on? I like the back transition a lot.

Thanks. As it stands now, the front pieces look weird, I'll grant you. But the goal is the copy the Shelby Airflo big tank, so I'll keep working on it, and fall back to the no-nose option if I just can't get it to flow.

I really like how the turkey leg ends at the rear fender. The tank is going to be awesome on there!

Thanks. Much work to do, and even more smoothing and shaping after, but I'm happy with it so far.

Dude this is sooooo sweet, can't wait to see more.

So, I've got to rethink the tank. I started to add on some pieces to outline the front, and it flows terribly. I suspect that it's because of the camelback-like curve of the tubes. It just doesn't work.
IMG_5155_zpsktghmfsh.jpg

You're fabricating, there are no laws that say the tank has to dive into the headtube.
Maybe the tank can overlap the top tube at that point?

Not sure what I would do, but it might be worth a look.

On advice here, after studying pics of a Shelby Airflo, I reworked the front of the tank, and man, I'm much happier with it. I threw on the bars, just to get a better feel for it.
IMG_5162_zpsqwk7ad8p.jpg

It's taken a nice shape , sometimes you jus need to step back & things begin to fall in place . Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back