Alchemist Custom Bicycles Gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Deven Science Labs

my Racycle boardtracker. This frame is 100 years old, and I build it up as best I could like it might have looked back then, including fabricating my own Kelly Adjustable Handlebars.

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Since the Build Off, I haven't touched the bike, so I decided to change it up, and make it a more comfortable ride. Maybe then I'll be encouraged to ride it more.

I changed out the seat with a banana seat (I had to make the struts in place of a sissy bar that I didn't have). I also removed a couple of things that just added bulk. Here it is now, more ridable:
IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

My '54 (or '56) Schwinn. It was found in a barn, complete with house paint splatter, and I got it in a trade, because I loved the look of it. I replaced the crumbling grips, the nasty chain, and the rotting seat, replaced the tires, and called her done! I made all replacement parts bright red, just for the contrast.
IMG_1320_zpsa3fa3a4a.jpg

A note on the grips. I was looking for unique red grips, and I came across these fat guys, made by OOQI. They are a starter company out of Canada, and their claim to fame is that the grips are an 1 7/8" around, so that there's a full inch of rubber. It's supposed to make it more comfortable to hold, similar to fat motorcycle grips. More ergonomic in your grip, they say.

I'll say that they are indeed comfortable.
IMG_1323_zps175382c8.jpg

The grips come in many colors. Check them out: http://www.ooqi.ca/grips.php

Lol! I thought that bedframe bike looked familier. You live down the street from my Mom. And yes it looks even cooler in person.

Re: Alchemist Custom Bicycles (Formerly Deven Science Labs)

LukeTheJoker said:
Impressive work on that canti frame, did you end up selling it on here or locally?

Luke.

That one sold off of CL. I've got another one done, for sale on CL and from my Facebook page. We'll see.

Looks awesome man. :D

What do you get for these frames?

Rat Rod said:
Looks awesome man. :D

What do you get for these frames?

Thanks!

$250 is the going rate. Maybe I can get more if my name gets bigger, but for now... *shruggs*

Finished assembly on the Thirty-Sixer with the final powder coat and parts! I modified the bars to flow better with the frame, stole the red seat and beefy OOQI brand grips from my '54 Schwinn, and put on a smaller chainring, to give me a more comfortable gear ratio with my three speed. Next I'll be trying to make a shifter for this, I think.

In the sun, to see the gloss black better.

Latest posts

Back