ALiEN FiRE REWiND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, after careful deliberation, and no comments from anyone here...
BUT after some input from the internet people on Instagram...
I have decided to keep on calling this bike ALiEN FiRE and ditch the alien wind idea.

guitarl_carl < my Instagram tag

Last edited:
I'm ok with the non change. Alien Wind be like
artworks-000114862897-o7h63l-t500x500.jpg

I never just naturally go low brow.
Seems weird to me.

C.

I've got the bottom half stripped down. Pulled the crank set, rear wheel and chain. Primed the new frame parts and am in the midst of painting it blue to match the rest of the frame. So while paint is drying and I'm watching The Mandalorian I'm also putting lights on the rear wheel. This is the way...
IMG_20201127_192523731.jpg

IMG_20201127_194248799~2.jpg

GC.

Last edited:
IMG_20201127_221538909.jpg

Had to get moving on it. There's a possible club ride tomorrow... and I want to take my current project. Dupli-color, Ford, sonic blue pearl. After a quick rub down and assembly in the morning, the ALiEN FiRE will be ready for a good shake down cruise.

GC.

Last edited:
Well we didn't ride today and it's just as well for me because I've had minor problems with the paint. Poor primer, poor prep, chilly garage and old paint... Take your pick they all popped up at some point and right now it's still apart. Hanging in the garage with an undercoat of plum crazy purple drying. I'm hoping it makes the sonic blue a bit darker on the angled "traction bars" So blue later tonight or early morning and then reassembly. Since there's time I'll be pulling the front end apart for an attempt at fading the green in...

GC.

Coming together nicely, wonder what the secind set of stays would have looked like bent up to meet the primary set instead of adding the flat bar. It has a nice look with them lined up, this would have triangulated it.

Could fade green from bottom up to cover the maroon.

Just some thoughts, I always enjoy your builds.

Coming together nicely, wonder what the secind set of stays would have looked like bent up to meet the primary set instead of adding the flat bar. It has a nice look with them lined up, this would have triangulated it...
Well, I did look at a couple different ideas there. I originally had the BB and it's seat tube pushed farther into the frame but it wrecked my chain line so I pulled it out some. Then anything I did would have meant curves and part of the ALiEN-ness of it is all the angles. No curves. So that sent me to the angled flat bars...
Probable classic fade from the headtube back. Thanks for the kudos. My builds entertain but they're not often mainstream...

C.

looks killer to me. Never seen anything quite like it. Rideable. Consistent throughout. Not an easy task.
Yeah, the Stingray is mainstream alright... my ugly Flying Wedge would CRUSH it!

Thanks bro. If I wasn't 60 I'd race ya. (Of course I wouldn't use this bike, lol.) It's a roller but... I'm going to have to take the hub apart, the stupid thing doesn't always shift. Come on there's only two speeds! But I'm taking it to Chicago tomorrow and riding with the Taildraggers.
IMG_20201204_152258155.jpg

The Benotto tapes are my favorite, even though the green is off, it's still a pretty wild look. I got the plasma light running too and green lights around the rear rim. It should be pretty cool in the evening. I'll get some pics for sure.

GC.

Last edited:
I've been noodling around with one of my other rats... Added an inexpensive set of LED lights to the perimeter. I'm playing in a Christmas parade tonight.
IMG_20201204_154530.jpg

It's a beast of a guitar too. Vintage 50's Danelectro neck, Jaguar style switching with an Eldred scheme tone switch. Old Gibson minibucker in the neck. The lights are duct taped on along with a little battery pack on the back. Run Rudolph Run is on the list. Gotta love jammin'on Chuck Berry stuff, fits right in with my punk metal style.

Guitarl.

I've been noodling around with one of my other rats... Added an inexpensive set of LED lights to the perimeter. I'm playing in a Christmas parade tonight.View attachment 145286
It's a beast of a guitar too. Vintage 50's Danelectro neck, Jaguar style switching with an Eldred scheme tone switch. Old Gibson minibucker in the neck. The lights are duct taped on along with a little battery pack on the back. Run Rudolph Run is on the list. Gotta love jammin'on Chuck Berry stuff, fits right in with my punk metal style.

Guitarl.
Did you say you play punk metal versions of Chuck Berry songs? Where can I listen to such a combination of genres? That sounds like fun!

Did you say you play punk metal versions of Chuck Berry songs? Where can I listen to such a combination of genres? That sounds like fun!
IMG_20201205_093940_782.jpg

Haha! That's me on this end and there were three of us playing guitar. So we took turns peeling off leads and that's when I let it rip. The reindeer in the middle is a shredder and red romper on the other end is a talented guitarist who played tasteful rock a billy licks but also lead us into jams on Funk 49 and Sweet Home Chicago. I snuck voodoo chile licks into Up On the Housetop and sang the lead on Blue Christmas in my best Elvis impersonation. Run Rudolph Run in c is pretty easy to lo brau so that got the three chord punk treatment with my amp on overdrive... I saw folks recording so I'll see what I can find.

GC.

Waiting for the next heatwave to pull the front end apart and paint the fade... I've cruised it a bit, but no long rides, it's either too cold to enjoy it or I'm busy workin' so there's that. Feels like a full blown muscle bike even though I ditched the shifters and went with a two speed kickback, it's quick enough for me. (Unless I get bored and pull a MTB rear wheel and derailleur out of the boneyard...)

Merry Christmas ya'all!
GC.

Latest posts

Back