aluminati v. 2.0

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
I like bare aluminum frames: They look good whether they are raw, unpolished, or polished up nice and shiny. The big plus - no paint to chip or scratch!
When some Chinese outfit came out with a Schwinn Panther-style aluminum frame for motorization, I had to get one. I used as many aluminum parts as possible, and the result was this, my aluminati:
20161003_151228.jpg

It's a nice smooth rider, and all it needs is an occasional wipe down to keep it looking good.

When a Monark Silver King frame and fork came up for sale on this very site, I knew I had to have a pedal-powered version of my beloved aluminati.
monark.jpg

. . . and so this is the start of Aluminati v. 2.0. I intend it to be a nice, sweet rider, won't break any new ground with brilliant innovative work like some of you guys produce, but I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great frame to start with SD!

Reaction score
Love that aluminati great job . Now with this SK you can't go wrong shine bright like diamond...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I did a women's SK in build off 3, for my wife, called "Silver Kween". I love those aluminum frames. There's no paint or chrome that can match the look of polished aluminum.....Yours looks great.

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments. I dig the overall look of these frames, but this particular one has some small issues that annoy me, although nothing worth mentioning.

Reaction score
I'll be using an alloy 3-speed wheel set off an Electra. Right now I'm swapping out the fat cream-colored tires for smaller black ones. I have a brown saddle and brown grips, so brick colored tires would look sweet, but I don't have any in my stash. We'll see how this evolves.

Reaction score
I've been holding on to some parts which were waiting for the right bike to come along; a polished aluminum chain guard, stick shifter from a kid's muscle bike, brown leather Brooks saddle and a few other little detail items. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some time for assembly.

Latest posts