aluminati v. 2.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAN!!! I just love it when things work out. Got my aluminum (did I say aluminum again?) kickstand today, and, to me, it seems to be made exclusively for my project. It's kind of beefy, and reminds me of the thick lugs on my frame. Tomorrow I'll take a final photo. There's a 50% chance of rain in Tucson tomorrow, and I think it would be so cool to photograph my baby covered in raindrops. But, we'll see. It also means there's a 50% chance of no rain.
20170508_153103.jpg

20170508_153129.jpg

I have these silver aluminum 1/2" pedals that I think would look sweet on there. May not be the look you are going for though. Pay shipping and they are yours!

6811e510294b1bcee3b06bca782cc247.jpg
32e365d79ef2bbbf446d81673e4efdd5.jpg

keep the rubber side down!

Inoticed the axle placement in the dropout:eek: , your not really gonna ride like that ? sorry i just want you to be safe :nod:, that Will slip out or worst break the dropout
index.php

bike looks awesome!:thumbsup:

Glad to know I am not the only concerned party when it comes to that rear axle. Wondering if its that far bck due to tire clearance? If removing one link from the chain causes tire to hit the chainstays, then maybe try a half-link?

I say you petition Luke or Steve and DEMAND voting be held NOW!....WINNER!

Again, this all came together so beautifully! And once you get rolling and the parts keep fitting, it's not hard to push through to finish early. Believe me, I know...:21:

Great job SD! :41:

It rides quite nicely and shifts sweetly, though I must tell you I crashed it right after I took the last photo. At a fairly nice clip, I hit the bottom of my driveway, the springer allowed the tire to go into the fork crown, which locked the front wheel, sending me over the handlebars. I am banged up and bruised, but nothing is broken. The Silver King remained unscathed. It will soon get its original solid fork back, maybe with truss rods. I've done the same thing with a Monark style fork. Watch out for those dual-fork springers that allow the tire to reach the top of the unsuspended fork.

Ouch! Glad you and the ride are for the most part unscathed. Reminds me of an image in the old rock shox suspension fork manuals about tire clearance and maximum sizing. Too large a tire would contact the fork crown on full compression as yours did, and they had a maximum tire diameter recommendation to prevent that. Looking at that last pic with the side profile you can tell there isnt much room between your tire and the spring mount of the fork, but your tire does not look overly large, is it a 24" wheel fork? Hard to tell and I dont know axle to crown measurements for those off the top of my head, plus none in my possesion to measure....

Latest posts

Back