american pickers is gonna be in my hometown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well apparently the tv show American pickers is coming to Arkansas city Kansas.
sad day for me but I guess it is kind of cool they will be here.
they are supposed to be beginning filming next month
kinda curious what they will find there is a few places but nothing major so I do not know where they are going to look.
this is the ksok radio post from their website

AMERICAN PICKERS To Film In Arkansas City, Kansas

Arkansas City is excited to welcome Mike Wolfe, Frank Fritz and Antique Archeology to the area. The team will film episodes of their hit series AMERICAN PICKERS throughout Eastern Kansas. Filming will begin next month.

AMERICAN PICKERS is a documentary series that explores the fascinating world of antique ‘picking’ on History. This hit show foll...ows two of the most skilled pickers in the business, Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz, as they embark on an epic road trip across the U.S. in search of America’s most valuable antiques from motorcycles, classic cars and bicycles to one-of-a-kind vintage memorabilia. Mike and Frank are on a mission to recycle America, restore forgotten relics to their former glory, and learn a thing or two about American history along the way.

Filming is scheduled to start next month. AMERICAN PICKERS is looking for leads and would love to explore what you may have. They are on the hunt for interesting characters with interesting and unique items. Some of what they look for: vintage bicycles, toys, unusual radios, movie memorabilia, advertising, military items, folk art, vintage musical equipment, vintage automotive items, early firefighting equipment, vintage clothing, pre-50’s western gear.

AMERICAN PICKERS is produced by Cineflix Productions for History. New episodes air Wednesdays at 9pm ET on History.

If you have a large collection or want to refer someone to Mike and Frank, email: your name, number, address and description of the collection and photos to: [email protected] , or call 1-855-old-rust.

Wow, I always thought Dani D got most of the leads...lm so gullible. ...still love the show. Not much for most tv...Pickers, Paladia, Power Nation..stuff like that. Hmmmm, maybe RatRodBikes???? That would be ridicules!!!!!!!
the idea of ratrodbikes tv has actually been discussed both by me and a few others once before a buddy of mine form Nebraska works for a tv show and he mentioned it but I don't want a bunch of camera guys and people documenting my every move I like my privacy and feel like realty tv is what is wrong with this country. but I do love American pickers so they are ok with me lol

Agreed, wouldn't want my every move documented. Also agree with you about reality tv..I just have better things to do...not dissing anyone who likes it...just not for me. Heck, my wife likes Soaps...I'll never understand that one...to each their own!

Hopefully he picks a sweet FELT bike from a dusty garage somewhere.

American Pickers...keep out! We don't need you around here stirring up dust. I wouldn't let them set foot on my property. Gary

+1
iu

They came within a couple miles from me when they went to nicks Harley in south jersey. Also the fellow from the show WHATS IN THE BARN paid nick a visit looking for parts in one of their episodes. Nicks is the place for old American built cycles and parts all the way back to the beginning.

They came within a couple miles from me when they went to nicks Harley in south jersey. Also the fellow from the show WHATS IN THE BARN paid nick a visit looking for parts in one of their episodes. Nicks is the place for old American built cycles and parts all the way back to the beginning.

yep i been there , I live a little north of you my buddy set up his Powder System after he bought it .

After they are gone you will not be able to pick up a "vintage" Cranbrook for less then $500

You mean a Schwinn Rusty Gold Cranbrook, don't you?

I like the part where they break to the close up comment of the two guys laughing at the seller, on how cheap they ripped them off for and How much they'lol sell it for. Of course that's after they tell the seller how Badly beat up their item is.....( this is sarcasm...)Dislaimer:confused:

How about when they try to get another $10 off the price knowing they are going to sell it for 3 times what they are about to pay for it. Burns me up.

I like the part where they break to the close up comment of the two guys laughing at the seller, on how cheap they ripped them off for and How much they'lol sell it for. Of course that's after they tell the seller how Badly beat up their item is.....( this is sarcasm...)Dislaimer:confused:

That doesn't bother me. That's how they make their living, and those folks don't have to agree to sell it, but for most of them, if they don't sell, we all know it's just going to sit there and rot.

Apparently I have the same sorta "love/hate" relationship with the show many others have. I view them in the same light as Barrett-Jackson. Love to see the unlimited budget car builds and the creativity involved. But try and deal in hot rods after one of their auctions. Every unpolished turd just went up $1500+ because "I seen one the other day on tv sell for $50K, I only want $15K for this gem" (insert unpolished turd for gem).
Pickers aren't much different with them tactics. Close-ups telling us how hard them had to work for an item, their travel time and money, gotta have "some meat left on the bone". Yet at the end of the day, all smiles because they're telling us what a great deal they got and how they will double/triple their money. Then the dust clears and everyone in town now thinks their junk pile (now a collection) is worth big, BIG $$$$$$.
Reality shows killed the stars in reality.

Love that Show , They come up upon many Collection that many of us would not
see other wise , in the mean time , lessons on Collectible items ,sure they get stuff for
cheap and resell but that's been goin on for Hundreds of years ,The only part that i
don't like is it"s not Me out there doing what they'r doin !

~Rafael~

I like the "Fast n Loud" show, because Richard Rollins does not always make lots of money on his flips. And he puts plenty of cash into his builds, and sometimes doesn't make a lot on them either. Just seems more realistic - things cant always go "your" way.

Latest posts

Back