American Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It matters if they are Scwhinn S7 rims or S5 or S2. A couple of those require a Schwinn only sized tire. The other one can take a more common tire. Maybe some of the more astute Schwinn guys can speak to this, @schwinn boy , @schwinnbikebob or others?

Well I got my springer fork fabricated. I still have to machine some spacer bushings for the top shock mount. I built it out of a couple of early Schwinn forks. One fork was already bent and it sacrificed the tube for one of my other builds. The shock(if you want to call it that, actually just a spring holder) came off the rear swing arm on some cheap WalMart mountain bike. I had to replace the spring with a lot lighter spring, but it works.
9BAB27C2-0AEB-468C-AC6E-0E0BCAE4D0E7.jpeg
94F8638A-B790-4BE1-9EA0-1DC76A42694D.jpeg
2BFE954B-D33E-4FA9-B7B9-A79DB1A417EE.jpeg

That custom springer is wicked!!!!
I like the Kris Kross flow of the rear of the frame. Makes me wanna Jump Jump!!

normally i would whine about hacking up Schwinn forks, but that springer is the coolest thing I've ever seen without a v-twin engine behind it. totally worth it. if you decide you don't like it, let me know please!

I talked with my machinist friend yesterday and he told me he’s buried for the week as some manufacturer broke down and he has to machine a bunch of parts for them. Hope to get my seat mount next week so I can continue on with the build. So close !

Got my seat mount back from the machine shop. I welded the brackets on the frame and mounted the seat. The holes in the top bar give me roughly 7 inches of adjustment front to back and I can tighten or loosen the spring for a harder or softer ride. Now to sort out the chain and adjustment pulley and a chain guard.
A36C7D1F-6AB0-49A9-A9CC-8CA0C039AECD.jpeg
A02748BA-7CA6-4D32-8F0A-4F1774FF6DC7.jpeg
112A1FDD-A968-4C18-89E4-2355F4995941.jpeg

Latest posts

Back