• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED AMF Flying Wedge chainguard brake levers and 5 speed shifter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldbikeguy1960

My name is Rob, and I approve this rant.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
am doing a resto-mod on my 1970 Westpoint badged AMF Flying Wedge and I would like to find the following parts;

A chainguard, painted or chrome either will be fine. I can do some repairs as long as it isn't wadded up in a ball.

Screenshot_20220123-130140_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220123-130117_Gallery.jpg

The brake levers are those kinda cheap looking aluminum with the two piece clamp that separates from the brake lever at the clamp bolt and should say excel on them I believe.
Screenshot_20220123-131429_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20220123-131256_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The shifter is like this, a Shimano Click Stick console style for a double top bar frame.
Screenshot_20220123-131830_Gallery.jpg

This is the one I have, it is a little rougher than I hoped for when I bought it, but it is a shifter if I need to use it.
Screenshot_20220123-131909_Gallery.jpg

I am not excessively wealthy but I am willing to pay a fair price for these items.
Thanks, Rob

Quote Reply
Report Bump thread •••

BoldItalic[COLOR=rgba(29, 70, 99, 0.85)]More options…[/COLOR]

Insert linkInsert image[COLOR=rgba(29, 70, 99, 0.85)]More options…[/COLOR]
Undo[COLOR=rgba(29, 70, 99, 0.85)]More options…
Preview
[/COLOR]

Font sizeText colorFont familyListAlignment
  • Align left
  • Align center
  • Align right
  • Justify text
Paragraph formatStrike-throughUnderlineInline spoilerInline code
SmiliesQuoteMediaInsert tableInsert horizontal lineSpoilerCodeGallery embed
Redo
Toggle BB codeRemove formattingDrafts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-130140_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-130140_Gallery.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220123-130117_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-130117_Gallery.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Brake levers found, after talking to a guy with an original Wedge I found out the levers were the steel variety with no ball ends.
Bought them yesterday!😺👍

I will check, I thought it was 3.3.3. but I will let you know. That would be new to me as well man.
3.3.3. was also early Shimano before they started giving g the parts bird names.
Thanks, Rob

I will check, I thought it was 3.3.3. but I will let you know. That would be new to me as well man.
3.3.3. was also early Shimano before they started giving g the parts bird names.
Thanks, Rob
Took a while to get back on this, the wear on the handle, lighting and photo angle made it appear to say 5.5.5.
The handle actually says 3.3.3. as does the replacement handle I will be purchasing along with a new decal to help polish this turd into a maybe shinier turd.
Thankful to have it, the bike has been missing its shifter for about 15 or so years.

I also found a derailleur I should have it by next week. Probably the nicest part on the bike. Now I have to clean everything.

Still searching for a chainguard like the one in the beginning of this thread.
Also still searching for a better shifter.

And my mind. I lost it so long ago I do not even remember what it looked like.
I do remember it got me in loads of trouble though

Maybe I am better off if I never find it.

I probably need glasses as well man, I quit wearing them at 15 years old. They made me look like John Lennon and I wanted to look more like Paul Stanley.
(Didn't Happen).
Fortunately for me the old eyes still see as bad as they did when I quit wearing them. That was 47 years ago.
I do have light sensitivity from welding since my 20s. And there was that incident with my right eye and the 1969 Solar Eclipse. Amazingly, I can still see OK through it but I am sure it could've been worse.
Don't feel bad, I had to double check so I knew for sure as well. I wouldn't replace the handle had it said 5.5.5.
Thanks man, Rob

Latest posts

Back