AMF Renegade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine gave me this the other day, it was 15 feet in the air when the tree was alive. The tree was cut down and he saved the bike. Has anyone ever seen an AMF like this with the bars going all the way down to the fork?

Attachments

• IMG_3816.JPG
    IMG_3816.JPG
    663.2 KB · Views: 317
I've never seen that front fork setup, but there's a chance it was a factory offering. The cap on top of the headset looks made for it, but maybe it is a set of handles from something like a lawn mower that they adapted.

Wow, I looked for a couple of hours the other night on the web and I could not find one like it, but I knew it was original from the was it was assembled. Thanks for finding it.

98d5758a1e2e99602e6198dafabb6710.jpg

This is a Western Flyer/AMF Renegade I paid 20.00 for in sad shape. Did alittle work and "adult sized" it. It rode like a dream but like a fool I sold it. Thats a cool bike you found.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I took it apart and gave everything an OA bath. I laced a new rear rim on the original hub and threw a 16" front rim on it for kicks. I decided to leave the patina on the frame and clear coated it. It rides really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_3964.JPG
    IMG_3964.JPG
    292.5 KB · Views: 273
I rebuilt a renegade for an old buddy, but the cranks were too short for me to have a good ride. If I had one, I would extend the forks for more clearance and put longer cranks on.

renegade 003.JPG

I put a longer mtb crank in the yellow one I posted.Makes adult riding much easier but watch out for scrapeing on turns.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine gave me this the other day, it was 15 feet in the air when the tree was alive. The tree was cut down and he saved the bike. Has anyone ever seen an AMF like this with the bars going all the way down to the fork?
Thats got some good bones to start a Killer ride.

I'm still in love with this :inlove:
Here's a Resto-mod I did on one for the 2nd Muscle Bike Build Off.

7nj6.jpg

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/amf-renegade-5.77223/

I've never seen that front fork setup, but there's a chance it was a factory offering. The cap on top of the headset looks made for it, but maybe it is a set of handles from something like a lawn mower that they adapted.
Filling out information. Here's an amf ad (1965?) showing a version of that fork
s-l400.jpg

Different model, but similar

Latest posts

Back