AMF roadmaster no spark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AMF roadmaster moped with the mccullock engine and have replaced the ignition module twice; still no spark. When I rotate engine with impact lights and horn will work which makes me think stator is good. Is there a way to test ignition module?

I have an AMF roadmaster moped with the mccullock engine and have replaced the ignition module twice; still no spark. When I rotate engine with impact lights and horn will work which makes me think stator is good. Is there a way to test ignition module?
Well, first of all welcome to RRB. You do know this is a BICYCLE forum correct?

Although we have a ton of motor heads around as well so we might just be able to help

When you say ignition module are you talking CDI?

Verify the no-spark first. Insert a screwdriver into the spark plug lead, hold it 1/4" above a known good ground and spin the engine over. Spark?

I would say go to moped army but the amf roadmaster will lead to hella moped shaming. They hate them.
it’s actually more bicycle than moped anyway but so is a velosolex and moped geeks love them.
I think they would be cool to convert to electric

Latest posts

Back