AMF Shelby Stingray build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I clearcoated it. I didn't really need to, it had a really nice shine, but, I got a run up where the seat post goes in. I sprayed some more color there to hide the run, so I clearcoated the whole frame to get the shine consistent again. I planned to clearcoat the chainguard anyway. The chainguard was bent, so I metalfinished it and polished it. I then taped up the polished part, and painted the rest, so it needed clearcoated. I'll post a picture of the chainguard later.

The chainguard.

Attachments

• 20220304_110855.jpg
    20220304_110855.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220304_110841.jpg
    20220304_110841.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 25
Well I finished my Stingray. It' been hanging on the paint rack all this time, ( I haven't posted since March 4th.) I finished some real car stuff, The last one is the Black C10 that's in one of the pictures. Doing that truck in steps, Replace busted tilt steering column, Pull bed and replace both fuel tanks, lines, senders, switching valve, switching valve switch, and gas caps. Now I'll rearrange the shop and I get to pull the crate 383 Chevy and put a cam in it that makes horsepower at the correct RPM range. The thing is a slug. 3.73 locker, 350 tranny, 2500 stall, 383 stroker. It's all there but the cam. The cam doesn't make horsepower until 3500-4000 RPM. It's a pretty little motor, and sounds like a Beast, but isn't. I'll fix that. Anyway here's the finished pictures of the Stingray. I'll change some of the nuts and bolts out later. I just wanted to get it together. I rode it a little, very little. It rides good, and seems to be a wheelie machine. Probably because I sit pretty far back because of the bent seat post. I fit good on it though. Oh, I was going to do a rear fender but didn't like the way it looked, or fit, so no fenders.

thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg

Latest posts

Back