And now, for something completely different.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge Monty Python fan and got a chance to pick up this little piece of British cycling history from the same era. Early 70's Lambert which still has the original "death fork".

IMG_2226_zps0paegjim.jpg

Was expecting see one of your rats riding buddy;)
Bring em on

Been working 10-12 hour days and 6-7 days a week for several weeks and it's not going to let up until after the first of the year. Great thing for the bank account but not so much for getting things done. Once I get the time I think I'll do this one first, it's going to be my guinea pig before I tackle the other Columbia I picked up............

IMG_2175_zpsbzls0yo8.jpg

Ordered a truing stand, dish gauge and spoke tension gauge and I'm going to learn to build wheels, my first set will be for this one. I got fairly respectable at truing wheels without all that, I figured it's time to take it to the next level.

Been working 10-12 hour days and 6-7 days a week for several weeks and it's not going to let up until after the first of the year. Great thing for the bank account but not so much for getting things done. Once I get the time I think I'll do this one first, it's going to be my guinea pig before I tackle the other Columbia I picked up............

IMG_2175_zpsbzls0yo8.jpg

Ordered a truing stand, dish gauge and spoke tension gauge and I'm going to learn to build wheels, my first set will be for this one. I got fairly respectable at truing wheels without all that, I figured it's time to take it to the next level.
And the one I'm most excited to see rolling as well.
Cheers, will be fun to watch.. and good luck with this one.

Those Lambert and Viscounts are cool bikes even with the death fork. Does it have all the branded components?
Rear derailleur was replaced early in it's life with a Simplex and the stem is a Cinnelli, original saddle is long gone too but otherwise it is original. I believe it spent most of it's life a few blocks from the LBS where it was originally purchased.

You're getting a pretty good deal on it too !

No doubt. :cool2: Saw it on his bike carrier right after he brought it home but was too stoked that he had found the original headlight cover for my Columbia HiWay Patrol and we were both in a rush so I really didn't pay much attention to it except that chainwheel stuck in my head. Saw it on FB later and it sunk in what I had seen, I wasted no time in working a deal.

Latest posts

Back