Ann Arbor Bicycle Show 2010

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problem, we were very busy all day. i made a few trips around the grounds, but only came home with a set of mongoose pro class wheels. did you find anything good?

TheFlyingDingo said:
I only found an unknown MTB, a ross MTB with ANNO wheels a chrome fork, and a set of brake levers...Thats nothing compared to last year.

Was the ross a 10 speed MTB with blue and gold anno? If so you bought that off of me. I was the guy with the penske truck and think you were in the space next to me. Matt

MBblue6 said:
I was the guy with the penske truck and think you were in the space next to me. Matt

I didn't know you were on here either. Thanks again for the deal on the orange bikes. I may keep one as a daily rider.

Ann Arbor 2010 was a good day. I must have missed some of you guys. That show is too overwhelming I guess.

Here are some pictures. I didn't take a lot...

dsc08601n.jpg

dsc08602r.jpg

dsc08603f.jpg

dsc08604u.jpg

dsc08605x.jpg

dsc08606e.jpg

dsc08607s.jpg

dsc08608w.jpg

dsc08609.jpg

dsc08610.jpg

dsc08611q.jpg

dsc08612.jpg

dsc08613w.jpg

dsc08614o.jpg

dsc08615u.jpg

dsc08616.jpg

dsc08617u.jpg

dsc08618j.jpg

I spent $90 that day...
dsc08620ba.jpg

dsc08621iz.jpg

dsc08622zn.jpg

I found some old pedals in the trash. You can't beat that.
dsc08623w.jpg

Cool bike from Dingo.
dsc08626e.jpg

Biggest find of the day...
I bought a new in the package San Marco saddle for $8. One similar to mine is on eBay right now for $48. I think I did good. I'll be using it for my Fuji single speed project.

dsc08630a.jpg

I don't frequent these forums as much as I do on the schwinn page. Gald I could give you guys some good deals. The bikes were just taking up space at my house. If either one of feel like coming out to WI on May 8 I will be auctioning off 1,000 plus used bikes. I will post an ad up here on the forums sometime this week. Matt

hey mesa, i think i sold you that red banana seat near the end of the show. i remember checking out that ross mtb because i liked the wheels. i met a few fellow members, and i guess talked to some more, maybe we'll have to have a secret handshake or signal next year.
btw, another member here won the award for best 1940's bike, let's see if he'll show us!

Metal Militia, that must have been my dad (in purple hat). Haha, we know what bikes we have and sometimes we get stuff to buy it back from each other. Sorry I didn't catch you there. :( I have a '75 red Stingray that needs a red seat so thanks a lot! :D

Well the rain made it possible for me to work some o.t. so I had to miss the meet.I did make it to Memory Lane where I scored a "garden" bike for my sister-in-law and a basket for my wife's.I'm sorry I missed it,always look forward to it,maybe next year. :cry:

Metal Militia said:
hey mesa, i think i sold you that red banana seat near the end of the show. i remember checking out that ross mtb because i liked the wheels. i met a few fellow members, and i guess talked to some more, maybe we'll have to have a secret handshake or signal next year.
btw, another member here won the award for best 1940's bike, let's see if he'll show us!

Well. Here it is in all of its Ratty glory.
As found unrestored 1948 All Chrome Roadmaster made by Cleveland Welding. Still has the original Rust.
I was really suprised it won an award and it made this years show my best so far. Thanks to those that voted.

Show picture with Scott McCaskey of the Cabe and Classic Bicycle News. CBN sponsored the Best 1940's Classic Award.
Show.jpg

Some outside shots from this afternoon:
RM1.jpg

RM2.jpg

Latest posts

Back