Another Junky Old Dept. Store Bike Rescued!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all are prolly getting pretty tired of me posting my garbage, but I ain't finding much in the way of free classic Schwinns or other really cool old stuff like the rest of you are.
So...you're gonna have to suffer through another post of my undesirable junk!

This is a vintage 26" Huffy Overland Pass 10-speed awesome-mobile my neighbor dragged over to me today. (He must REALLY hate me) He says it's of 1990's-something vintage. I have no idea, but it has some usable parts and a to-die-for custom factory splatter paint job!
It drips with cool.

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

My stash of parts is almost Old Shovel-level epic.

IMG_4221.JPG

Almost. :wink1:

Last edited:
nothing wrong with what you have and what's available in your area, here in New Zealand there's mostly 70's to 90's English branded bikes that came over with immigrants that are note worthy and of decent quality to customize, and New Zealand made bikes under Licence or close imitation (New Zealand actually had a decent amount of bike manufacturers from way back, Healing probably the most well known and still has a couple good ones but don't do anything too original)very few American brands of older bikes not new ones, there's lots of new dept store huffys sold here and they are complete rubbish, I have a boys 20" AMF vintage bike, I have only seen one other AMF which was a 26inch for sale, I guess I'm saying if you love bikes it doesn't matter what it is or what you get your hands on its all the same love of the 2 wheels for me

Build complete!
Just under $156 in parts and paint. New Goodyear tubes, Bell tires, Husky rear coaster brake wheel, Oury grips, Fooker pedals (and adapters). Everything else was reused or recycled from other rigs.
The Fooker pedals seem really nice and make the bike pop, I think. I don't care that Fooker is a rip off of Race Face Chesters either.
So there.
:p

IMG_4368.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpg
    IMG_4369.jpg
    651.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4371.jpg
    IMG_4371.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4372.jpg
    IMG_4372.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Build complete!
Just under $156 in parts and paint. New Goodyear tubes, Bell tires, Husky rear coaster brake wheel, Oury grips, Fooker pedals. Everything else was reused or recycled from other rigs.
The Fooker pedals seem really nice and make the bike pop, I think. I don't care that Fooker is a rip off of Race Face Chesters either.
So there.
:p

View attachment 175404
Seth from Berm Peak says the Fooker pedals are good to go after his long term test 👍

I would love to do this but they would get stolen by the end of the day
I hear you. My "good" bikes are locked up and secure. These wall hangers are mostly just for parts, and wouldn't cause much heartburn if they disappeared. Even though they are outside, they are out of sight, and therefore out of mind to casual observers and passersby.
We don't have a huge theft problem here. Occasionally a careless neighborhood kid will leave a bike laying out front of his house unattended overnight and it'll walk off, but if one keeps an eye on things and makes an effort to put stuff up at the end of a day, one's stuff is usually OK here.
It helps that my neighbors and I are visible, known, alert, and well-armed! 😄
We keep honest folks honest, I like to say.

Unfortunately I'm in a not so nice naigbourhood, fortunately I have a very good lock and chain on the garage door, security lights, and dogs but the hoods on the street know I have a goldmine worth of tools and parts in the garage and would jump at the opportunity to raid it, I have the junk stuff outside in the back yard on the trailer semi hidden under a tree and a couple piles under tarps and so far so good but I still get paranoid, I'm one of those guys that are light sleepers so if I hear the slightest metallic sound I'm up and at the window with my super bright torch, it's either our cats or a naigbourhood dog roaming luckily

Latest posts

Back