Another New Member!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Folks!

I'm an old road bike guy who can no longer ride the drops and have finally decided to build something I can ride until my body refuses to cooperate. I want to build a chopper tricycle so I can still ride when my balance goes away and look a little less dorky than I would on those trikes that scream "Get out of the way! Old Fart coming!!"

I've thought about taking a Crate style bike and mounting a trike conversion on it. I've thought about buying individual components and building something from those. I've also thought about buying a trike used, as a complete unit. I'm undecided at this writing, so any ideas or suggestions that come from the members would really be appreciated!

Thank you for accepting me!

Lazy Dave

Hi, Folks!

I'm an old road bike guy who can no longer ride the drops and have finally decided to build something I can ride until my body refuses to cooperate. I want to build a chopper tricycle so I can still ride when my balance goes away and look a little less dorky than I would on those trikes that scream "Get out of the way! Old Fart coming!!"

I've thought about taking a Crate style bike and mounting a trike conversion on it. I've thought about buying individual components and building something from those. I've also thought about buying a trike used, as a complete unit. I'm undecided at this writing, so any ideas or suggestions that come from the members would really be appreciated!

Thank you for accepting me!

Lazy Dave
Welcome aboard

Here's a build from the past using a girls frame but along the same premise

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/poison-apple-79-schwinn-fair-lady-trike.112601/

Welcome @LazyDave54 ! There is a Build Off going on right now,might be a good time to start your custom build. Lots of helpful idea sharing and skills tips from fellow builders!

We have a few that have built some cool three wheelers too.

Latest posts

Back