Another Newbie from SoCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
For the last six weeks or so I have been struggling with wind, extreme heat, and bugs here in Hemet, CA just trying to paint my recently acquired 1954 Goodyear Hi-Way Patrol boys bike. I have ended up on this forum many times just by doing a Google search for Goodyear. I have an uncontrolled desire to make old decaying vehicles, and other things, look new again. I am a novice and amateur restorer, and have found lots of pics here to reference along with useful information to help with my projects. Everything about this site is great! Hope to be able to post pics, get info and parts - since I decided to join last week!
0GoodyearHi-wayPatrol-1.jpg

It looks like this now...
Untitled-1.jpg

See some of the build process at viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59091
Just completed...
RS.jpg

Re: Another Newby from SoCal

Thanks ruddigger,

You can't tell by the "before" pic of the bike, but both peaked fenders were smashed flat at the ends. I actually did not replace anything - I spent a couple days with a block & hammer,a sander, and spot putty. The only parts that are not original is the 48 tooth sprocket and the fender light on the "after" pic. I still have to have the chrome done. ( All that shiny stuff was extremely pitted and now is only polished) The "after" pic is with everything finger tight just to see if it fits. There is a finished rear rack, but I am having fitment issues since it was broken and repaired previously. I documented most of the process, and have over 100 pictures - most are on photobucket.

Where can I get more info on the rat rod ride?

Latest posts

Back