Another Sad Bike Story

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the commenters are argueing right of way. I'm not going to sign up so that I can post a comment, but I don't see any argument that makes more sense than this. Base right-of-way on order of invention. Pedestrians first, then bicycles, then cars.

How many people are going to get killed until people realize that because something is in a book does not mean that people are going to follow it. Yes, the order of invetion right of way thing is right, but does that ever happen? No. I follow it on both sides, but I get honked at and that only determines me more. Cops don't enforce it, typical. Just use your eyes and go when its clear.

I cannot speak for the video, the Communist News Network player ain't working. :mrgreen:

i will not ride a bike or motorcycle on city streets because i see the way cars treat me on a daily basis. i drive a tractor trailer in kansas city on a daily basis and the thing i see never cease to amaze me. there are times i gross 75 or 80 thousand lbs and cars treat me like i am not there even though i could end their lives in a heartbeat. if a car has no respect for a vehicle 20 times their size, imagine how they treat bicyclists. sorry, i want to live so i keep my riding to my neighborhood.

And it's not just the auto drivers, I saw something yesterday that was just stupid. 3 kids I'd guess 10, 8, and 5 years of age on a Yamaha Zuma scooter going 50+MPH in a 35MPH zone and running through stop signs without so much as slowing down. Now it's looking as though they might make you get a license for a moped or scooter instead of enforcing the laws they already have.

The whole reason mopeds and scooters have any market at all around here is people that don't have a license or don't want the expense of plates, insurance, and gas. It would further cripple our economy by killing the market on scooters and mopeds. People who use scooters and mopeds to get to work and back because they don't have a license would be out of luck. More un-employed people hurting the economy more.

If the cops would stop stuffing their face with donuts and do their job (No offense to you GOOD officers out there) and give the little punks a ticket and impound their scooter like they should they make money off the ticket(s), impound makes money off storage, towing, and impound fees and the rest of us law abiding citizens can keep doing what we're doing. That is good for the economy. Also if it passes, DMV lines will get MUCH longer because 90% of mopeds in this state don't have titles because you don't have to register them.

Okay I'm done ranting, I feel better now.

Its always going to be like the big kid picking on the little kid on the playground. Whether its a big truck and a cyclist or a cop and a cyclist. You must always be aware so always wear bright clothes, have lights, dont wear headphones, and always have a helmet. I painted my bike a loud color so its more noticeable. Just get out and ride smart. The best thing for cycling is for more drivers to see cyclists and be aware.

If you havent seen this, it shows how crooked the bicycle/ police officer interaction is.
http://youtu.be/bzE-IMaegzQ

El Duderino said:
Its always going to be like the big kid picking on the little kid on the playground. Whether its a big truck and a cyclist or a cop and a cyclist. You must always be aware so always wear bright clothes, have lights, dont wear headphones, and always have a helmet. I painted my bike a loud color so its more noticeable. Just get out and ride smart. The best thing for cycling is for more drivers to see cyclists and be aware.

If you havent seen this, it shows how crooked the bicycle/ police officer interaction is.
http://youtu.be/bzE-IMaegzQ

Yep, that is why I have 3 holes drilled in the bottom of my muffler. Loud and proud! You might not see me coming but you'll hear me coming. :mrgreen: Loud pipes save lives! :wink:

Latest posts

Back