Another Three-Star Deluxe Columbia/Westfield

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I posted this in the "new member" portion of the site before I realized there is a forum for Bike I.D.... so, forgive the repost, please. I am new to this site.

I am trying to ID a bike for my dad and figure out how much it is worth. He just got it, and he doesn't know how to use a computer, so I am his Internet Lackey. The bike says "three star columbia" on it, and it says "columbia built" and has a metal decal on the front that says "westfield." I cannot locate a serial number. There is what appears to be an after-market basket, and the fenders, chain guard, and little headlight all appear to be original, as does the seat and everything else, that I can tell.

Someone put a sticker on the back bumper, but there is no other defacing of the bike that I can tell.

I really appreciate any help that you all can give to me, even if it's just pointing me to a site where there are pictures of similar bikes. I did a search on eBay for sold items, and turned up a three-star columbia that sold for $1400. Is this bike in that neighborhood, value-wise? If anyone can tell us more about when they think it was made, and what the difference is between "columbia" and "westfield," then that would be cool. My dad loves a good story and would be interested to hear about anything related to the bike's history.

My dad also wants to know the best way to clean this bike up so that it stays nice, and how to do it without harming the value. He's not really looking to sell it, but simply wants to keep it nice and in its original condition as much as possible.

From a google image search, I think this is a mid 1950's girls' bike, but that is all I can figure out. Of course, my dad wants to know a lot more than that, haha.

I am at your mercy. From looking around this site, you all have probably forgotten more than I will ever know about bikes!

I took several other photos, too, if that would help at all. Just let me know

Thanks a bunch, seriously!
Jay

RatSphinx said:
I don't see it being anywhere near that dollar amount.

I couldn't figure out why the one on eBay went for that much! I know nothing about these, so any info is helpful.

Latest posts

Back