Any BRATZ Bikes on here?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I've had 3 at the same time...never paid more than $35 All nice.

#1 was converted into a very convincing "Grape Krate"-Sold to my Bud who we converted it to a 5 Speed.

#2 was converted into a very extreem almost cartoonish '70's Chopper 16-20 26"Springer 42" Sissy Bar Wheelie Bike!

#3 was converted into a Competition Lowrider.(too low to ride or steer)

Having had all 3 at once...It became very clear that all 3 frames were slightly different.

Heat and Peel the dopey star stickers off...All of them are still Purple.

They're pretty cool for the $, imho. I've been tempted by some on craigslist, but usually they're too far out to be worth the trip. I know I've seen several on here! -Adam

DSC07751.jpg

pulled from the trash.
-john

Rustinkerer said:
They're pretty cool for the $, imho. I've been tempted by some on craigslist, but usually they're too far out to be worth the trip. I know I've seen several on here! -Adam

I saw one on Baltimore's Craigslist for $40. What's cool about that is the fact that the color almost matches the colors for the Ravens NFL team, I could throw together a theme bike for less than $100.00....probably less than $50.

I had one, threw some 20X3's off of a Jesse James chopper on it but dismantled it for parts before I got to finish it. Had to slightly mod the frame for clearance in back and put a few washers in the fork. to squeeze them in, sanded it to bare metal, Looked really cool. Might do another someday.

Before:
P9100129.jpg

After
P2070474.jpg

And a headlight hanging from a wrench.
P2080516.jpg

Have had a bunch of them. Personally to small for me to do anything with.This is one I did about 6 or 7 years ago to be raffled off for a charity.Called it "# 5" because that's all the money I had into it.
-Kreep-
lowblbike5.jpg

Over here they're not cheap (in fact they were probably at their cheapest when they were new at Kmart) and sellers even list them as brats bikes, even when they've been modified. I guess it's partly due to ignorance and partly a lack of dragsters over here

I'd say one in any condition short of being run over by a truck is worth $20. They're cheaply made, but for what a lot of people are doing here you can't beat that price for a springer fork or straight-laced wheels. Heck, even the shell of the banana seat and the sissy bar are worth that much.

I have 2 so far. Could probably have more, but I haven't really been looking. I saw somebody had one on CL around Christmas without the stickers for $1000.

My two:

bratz1.jpg

bratz2.jpg

I am sure that Peatbog will post his BO7 Eliminator soon enough.

PICT0969_zps0a2dc5ce.jpg

I got this Bratz bike, from the scrap yard. Thats it in the condition it come from the scrap yard. The chromes a bit scabby. a few dents in the mudguards. 1 brake pad was worn down. No chain.
I have since fitted a chain. cleaned up the chrome. Took off all the stars :x Ive fitted the front brake into the centre of the fork blades, to hide it a bit. It rides ok.

Oh yeah. I got it, and 5 other bike wheels, that cost me £5.

I paid $20 for this one in near pristine condition. Someone had already removed the star decals off of it! I put some good used tires, new tubes, different wheels, cleaned it up. Powder coated the forks & chainguard Black Chrome. Put a white seat on it & donated it to my grandson's school. They in turn found a needy kid needing a bike. The nearest town is pretty small (pop. 900) , so I see it every once in a while. Always puts a smile on my face.

PC130447.jpg

Still can't believe no one posted Peatbog's Bratz bike from RRBBO7.
Here it it.
The Eliminator
IMG_2495.jpg

Latest posts

Back