Any ideas on what I found?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I stopped at a local guys house that looks straight out of American Pickers and asked about any old bikes. They had a couple and here is what I found.
First up, I found this in the woods under a truck hood sticking in the mud.... Chainguard says silvertown I believe but that is all I got from it. I know I have seen this frame before..
18125145070_78ed22d63d_z.jpg

18308969832_49c4ec038a_z.jpg

Second is the bike I really wanted. Burried in the back of a 62 Chevy. I couldn't get to the front of the bike. This would make a great patina rat cruiser
18125136060_d25c89ba0e_z.jpg

Last is just a few pedal tractors that were really cool. I can picture these lowered on rubber go-cart wheels with a lowrider wagon behind!
17690255514_76a303d082_z.jpg

In regards to the bikes I am only looking for possible make and models so any ideas would be great. I hope I can buy these soon but this guy may be a tough one to buy anything from.

1. Murray something-liner. (Flight? Strato? Something like that. Flightliner, I think.)
2. Hard to say, but looks like possibly a Columbia or maybe a Monark.

Yeah the chrome one is related to the Spaceliners. Murray built. I think BF Goodrich sold the Silvertown versions. You don't see those as often.
Second one looks more like an Evans style tank to me.

Gee that looks like a nice little Honey Hole.
Sorry I can't I.D. the bike, but will add that it all looks like some fun stuff to get your mits on.
Maybe next time you drop by casually take along some coffee and donuts to help build a rapport over. GOOD LUCK !
11018448_652185238243764_552123470_n.jpg
That is a heck of an idea! What I didn't show in the pics were the 20+ vintage cars and trucks along with the numerous gas pumps and signs!

Yeah the chrome one is related to the Spaceliners. Murray built. I think BF Goodrich sold the Silvertown versions. You don't see those as often.
Second one looks more like an Evans style tank to me.
The vin was clearly visible so hopefully if I get my hands on it I can find the exact details but I appreciate the help!

I think Silvertown was a Montgomery Wards model name, but it is definitely a Murray bike. All there too, except the rear wheel.

2 good projects.

That is a heck of an idea! What I didn't show in the pics were the 20+ vintage cars and trucks along with the numerous gas pumps and signs!

It looks like a great spot to rummage around over the summer and remember the tougher nuts aren't always the hardest to crack. They also often have the best stories, so just show him your appreciation of his old stuff and listen to his take on it and you should be able to at least get the bike(s) you're after.
Once you get it riding and in use again(which you will!), another visit would prove your respect, interest and gratitude.
Hey, you're not Mike and Frank just out to 'make a buck', so break the ice with the bike you really want (if he'll only part with the one), but keep in mind those great tractors and wagons that have your juices flowing too for future projects.
I really wish I were in your shoes right now Topnotch and would love to get all the stuff that catches my eye there(ooh, see the lights), but would also patiently let him store the rest of my stuff for awhile longer if he wanted.
He's let you in there once, so you're on your way!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
It looks like a great spot to rummage around over the summer and remember the tougher nuts aren't always the hardest to crack. They also often have the best stories, so just show him your appreciation of his old stuff and listen to his take on it and you should be able to at least get the bike(s) you're after.
Once you get it riding and in use again(which you will!), another visit would prove your respect, interest and gratitude.
Hey, you're not Mike and Frank just out to 'make a buck', so break the ice with the bike you really want (if he'll only part with the one), but keep in mind those great tractors and wagons that have your juices flowing too for future projects.
I really wish I were in your shoes right now Topnotch and would love to get all the stuff that catches my eye there(ooh, see the lights), but would also patiently let him store the rest of my stuff for awhile longer if he wanted.
He's let you in there once, so you're on your way!:thumbsup:
I will find a way! They were really cool to let people walk around their property and check out all the old cars and they definitely liked to tell stories lol. That bike will be mine....hopefully sooner than later!

That first one I think is Murray frame, same frame for Sears Speedliner and Sears Spyder Muscle bike as well.
Cool find.

Latest posts

Back