Any Info on a 1977 Iverson MonoShock?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it since it was new and haven't been able to find any info online. I'm getting ready to restore it and would love to find a source for the original stickers. Thanks.
ve6ybutu.jpg

No idea on the bike but it looks like some nice Lester mags! If so you got a little $$$ just in the rims.

I've had it since it was new and haven't been able to find any info online. I'm getting ready to restore it and would love to find a source for the original stickers. Thanks.
ve6ybutu.jpg
I had one of those that was stock yellow! Everyone always wanted to sit on it to test the suspension. I believe I ended up painting it black. Not sure where you would get the stickers for the bike maybe an old bike shop that used to sell them might have some idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iverson was the second bike line launched by Jerry Steller and partner (can't remember his first name) Berkowitz. Their first line was Stelber (Stel-Ber), but they bought some really cheap European bikes, and slapped their badge on 'em. It appears they brokered a deal, importing bikes in '56 for Sears, while main supplier Murray, was building their new factory in Tennessee. (no record of a strike that I could ever find). So Stelber earned a bad rep. They later came up with the name "Iverson", and all I've personally seen have at least a few, if not all, parts from Chain Bike Co, a.k.a Ross. Both were NY based. Whomever invented the monoshock design must have forgotten to patent it, as there seem to be many different versions! ~Adam

I have the same frame (and shock) but a cast iron fork and steering stem, with "ASHTABULA" cast into them. It had no pedals or seat when I got it.
I'm glad I found your pic! It confirmed what I thought the C-chsnnel with 3 holes was for, at the back of the seat tube.
PS: At almost 50 years old, I still ride mine around town.

The Ashtabula stem and forks are worth more than the rest of the bike. Sounds cool, pics?
I sold the Ashtabula forks, stem and cranks (which I was told are forged, not cast) for $350+ shipping to an overseas buyer. I gave him the rest of the bike with it. Unfortunately, Pitney Bose (ebays 4th party shipping partner) absorbed it (ALL OF IT, claiming the shock cant be sent overseas), rather than returning it to me on the ground, the same way they got it. I tried to reclaim my property, even offering to come pick it up, for awhile before giving up on it. The buyer was reimbursed through buyer protection. I was also given the amount of the sale (minus fees) and then billed for international shipping label shipping. So I closed my bank account and my ebay account while filing complaints and disputes as well as stolen property reports with local authorities in my town and that of Pitney Bose, but of course that all went nowhere, other than collections getting my info for the shipping label that didnt even get used properly.

Latest posts

Back