Any non-revo Nexus 3spd shifters out there?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got what I call, in the big scheme of things, a very minor issue. Id love to replace the handgrips on my Torker Boardwalk, but i would have to cut one of the grips to fit properly with the stock revo-shifter (grip shift). With no brake levers, I realize I could just slide the shifter further "inboard" on the handlebars, basically just enough to accomadate the full size hand grip, but would rather find a non "gripshift" style Nexus 3speed shifter, or a shifter that will work with my Nexus hub.

I have heard that you could use an older Shimano 333 stick shift, but 1st would be third and visa versa. Any other slick ideas? Thanks in advance.

I run the 7 speed version of this on my roadster. The only problem is they seem to come packed in some nasty grease that thickens with age. I blew carb cleaner through it and then followed up with WD-40 until it started working well. It took a couple applications before it shifted reliably. You can also get it with the brake handle integrated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIFTER-TRI...Accessories&hash=item5ae10bb925#ht_501wt_1156

BUT... who doesn't love a stick!

The HBBC suicide shifter is a blatant rip-off! Yes it works well, yes its reasonably priced, yes its readily available. I personally would not buy it KNOWING how they came to be! Shimano made or possibly still makes (not real sure if its still made) a thumb type shifter for the Nexus 3-i. I purchased a brand spankin new one at my LBS for 24.95. If you want a really cool suicide type shifter that is hand made from bar stock aluminum and looks far better than the over seas produced "ladel" looking HBBC rip-off, IM me and I will steer you in that direction. Oh, the ones I,m talking about are about a C-note per unit, so, if its a bit too much for you, PLEASE buy a Shimono unit, make one to suit you, or anything other than supporting a Co. who has NO problem copying and capitalising on someone elses intelectual property! Sorry for the rant, WHEW, I feel a lil better! LOL Later & PEACE!!!! :wink:

Slick Rick said:
The HBBC suicide shifter is a blatant rip-off! Yes it works well, yes its reasonably priced, yes its readily available. I personally would not buy it KNOWING how they came to be! Shimano made or possibly still makes (not real sure if its still made) a thumb type shifter for the Nexus 3-i. I purchased a brand spankin new one at my LBS for 24.95. If you want a really cool suicide type shifter that is hand made from bar stock aluminum and looks far better than the over seas produced "ladel" looking HBBC rip-off, IM me and I will steer you in that direction. Oh, the ones I,m talking about are about a C-note per unit, so, if its a bit too much for you, PLEASE buy a Shimono unit, make one to suit you, or anything other than supporting a Co. who has NO problem copying and capitalising on someone elses intelectual property! Sorry for the rant, WHEW, I feel a lil better! LOL Later & PEACE!!!! :wink:

jwm said:
@Slick Rick
+1
Yeah. get the real thing, or don't bother.

JWM

Stupid Noob question... Who did the originals?

Sending you a link as the language in the add does not fall within the user freindly parameters of this site :wink:

Latest posts

Back