Any of you sage experts ever heard of one of these?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a frame, fork, crank, handlebars, etc. I've never heard of a Sayre & Company. Any ideas?
yquvyvus.jpg
4une4aje.jpg
jyvy3ynu.jpg

Serial # on the BB is H62275

Thanks for the help, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone....Bueller...Bueller?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the frame is Schwinn. maybe the badge was swapped on it? badge looks early, like from a 20's era bike. A close up of where the seat stays meet the seat tube would help though. I have a girls Schwinn frame that is very similar looking but would have to dig it out to check.

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the frame is Schwinn. maybe the badge was swapped on it? badge looks early, like from a 20's era bike. A close up of where the seat stays meet the seat tube would help though. I have a girls Schwinn frame that is very similar looking but would have to dig it out to check.

When I pulled the forks off, the headset was a Schwinn. You're probably right.

Wow. Thanks Chips. Cool back story.

Are these forks Schwinn, as well guys?
e3yqure6.jpg
y8azu7yt.jpg

Prewar girls braced truss fork. Looks like it could be a Schwinn. Truss rod bracket looks right. Gary

Thanks guys. When I look up the id# on the schwinn registry! it comes up 12/1951. She's pretty rusty, but solid.

Thanks guys. When I look up the id# on the schwinn registry! it comes up 12/1951. She's pretty rusty, but solid.
They repeated numbers a few times, but This frame is prewar for sure. Schwinn lost all it's pre 1948 numbers in a fire. -Adam

Thanks Rustinkerer! That's cool news for sure.

Your serial number, H62275, is pretty close to my '41 Schwinn BA107. My number is H28926 and it is a '41 bike for sure. I also have a '41 DX number I10227 so your number falls nicely in between them. I'd say you have a '41 for sure. Gary

Latest posts

Back