any shooters in the group??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

dogs tend to make em think twice so it's been about a year since the last time i shot my gun. stoped in the range with a handfull of rounds and here is how i did.
.45 kimber custom compact

range.jpg

well only 26 out of the 28 hit the target. 2 missed target and 2 missed black silhouette.

so like 3 in the morning just waking up half naked, sleep still in my eyes. i'd say you would have a 50/50 chance
if i gave away my dogs and turned off my "prison escape lights" around my house. :mrgreen:

best shot i've ever did was with the same gun paced out 100yrds
put a pint can lid on a stir stick got it on the 3rd shot.

alls i gots is a couple .22 rifles and a 12gauge.

i did get a new pellet gun for runnin off the squirrels, old one was 840 fps, this one is a woppin 400 fps, needless to say, the last squirrel i shot laughed at me from 10 ft away :x too bad my dog cant climb trees.

i was just looking at pellet guns. can't find the one i want. EX ol'lady's dad had a 22 cal pellet gun that took all you had to get 10 pumps.
it would go clean through a fuel oil drum. he told me they use to have wars with them when he was a kid. :shock: this gun is rated the same fps as a 22 rifle

sidearm is a .45 kimber
rifle is a .22 J.C Penny's from back in the day
shotgun is a 12g mossberg 500A with a 18 1/2" barrel (1/2" over the legal limit)

I had a .40 H&K for a long time and carried it daily when i lived in a rough neighborhood and not married. Now I have a .22 Beretta that stay double locked in a gun cabinet. haven't been to the range in 10 years. I almost forgot I had it 'til i read this thread. Used to go to the range once a month with my buds. Those were the DINK (Double income no kids) days. LOL

oooooh H&K cha ching $$$$$$$$$ i've allways loved them guns but WOW the price. on average were $350. more then my 1911.
i went for the 1911 because it looks and works well time tested and it's all steel so fully loaded weight is like 6 lbs.
for those pistol whippin gettin info times. :mrgreen:
next on the list is .223 AR 15 paratrooper

DPMSSRFA114P-01.jpg

yeah....if its duck season them the mossberg 835 comes out. if its long range the ww2 mauser k98 is my favorite :mrgreen: close range ive got my grandpas 1911 from his time in the pacific campaign or his 1920s h&r model 922 ....then a winchester 30.30 for plinking at targets

sensor said:
close range ive got my grandpas 1911 from his time in the pacific campaign
CJ027.jpg

NICE!!!! got any pics??? my grandpa's still with us so i haven't got those goods yet.

i was going to get a colt but prices were crazy for used. kimber was dubed the new colt and got tons of good reviews.
shot one and was sold.

pics of which one(i can get pics of all but im guessing you mean the money gun :wink: if so itll be alittle while my wife wont go for hand guns in the house with a child)? yeah i know but when hes older heck get to learn gun saftey and actually go shooting too :mrgreen:
actually kimbers are great guns my grandpa swears by his(along with his sigg 9mm)

the 1911

i learned gun safty at a young age was 5 or 6 the first time i went out with grandpa and dad.

i feel it awakens the real life of them when you see and feel first hand what it's all about.
i got mine when my hunny and i lived in a less then friendly side of town. showed her how to use it. that was almost the end for me one night coming home late from work. had my hood on because it was cold out open the door. my dog was going crazy because i had my hood on and couldn't see who it was. clicked on the light and at the end of the hallway she had me in her sights. :shock: so i dive in the kichen and shout HUNNY DON"T SHOOT IT"S ME!!!!

it's funny now but at the time it wasn't

No big hanguns but I do like the 1911 45's ---Alot.
most of my shooting is hunting related so a couple of shotguns and a rifle. I harvested my first Elk this year.

Upper Class White Trash said:
oooooh H&K cha ching $$$$$$$$$ i've allways loved them guns but WOW the price. on average were $350. more then my 1911.
i went for the 1911 because it looks and works well time tested and it's all steel so fully loaded weight is like 6 lbs.

DPMSSRFA114P-01.jpg

112.jpg

here's what i shot using one of these bad girls before i deployed.........its set to 300 meters as you can see on the target.
she was my best friend for 18 months!!!!

sensor said:
nice! now that why i only hunt ducks.....theyre light and easy to carry....a deer or elk.....they weigh more than me and i sure wouldnt want to try carrying one :shock:

Mules :mrgreen:

Keoki_D said:

112.jpg

here's what i shot using one of these bad girls before i deployed.........its set to 300 meters as you can see on the target.

gotta love a rifle you can reach out and touch someone with :mrgreen:
are the 3 in upper left sight in shots?

A BIG THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO BRO!!!!!! glad to see you made it back.

spinman said:
Got a Ruger SP101 5 shot .357 mag.
Striclty for home defense.
Spin

i had a .44 ruger blackhawk for a bit but had to pay some bills so that and my 10/22 had to go :cry:

i am going to get a new 10/22 but i want to get the bull barrel one this time.

not to keen on their semi autos but the revolvers and rifles are nice

Keoki_D said:

112.jpg

gotta love a rifle you can reach out and touch someone with :mrgreen:
are the 3 in upper left sight in shots?

A BIG THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO BRO!!!!!! glad to see you made it back.

yeah, those were my first 3 shots i had to get my sights inline. i pretty much zeroed from those first 3 shots because of the tightness of my shot group but once i adjusted them it was easy. i wanna go back already!! hahaa.

Latest posts

Back