any shooters in the group??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a model 60 in the 70's, as a kid. Put over 10,000 rounds through it, probably closer to 50,000. It ran pretty good for a semi auto. You should like it.

I recently scoped my Mossberg 500 too, it’s been fun shooting slugs at targets 60-75 yards away.
5c3266aed104be21dbf81975a734fa5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my first .22! A nice used Marlin Model 60. Previous owner added a small scope to it! I can’t wait to take it out for some plinking.
73c0912a9b58a7035f4452cfc3b733aa.jpg

One of my favorite Youtube gun guys, 'Mixup98' has a good (positive) video on the 60. Sounds like a great value, and probably an even better value second hand!

One of my favorite Youtube gun guys, 'Mixup98' has a good (positive) video on the 60. Sounds like a great value, and probably an even better value second hand!

I have watched that video about 3 times already. The first 10 seconds of the video cracks me up every time.
077a3f572423ca9afcf951b6a1656397.jpg

An unchanged reminder of the good ol' days.

That Marlin 60 is the kind of gun we used to keep on the rifle rack in the rear window of our trucks, parked on the main streets of Western Colorado, unlocked, windows down, keys in the ignition, and never gave it a second thought!

Fun day at the range. Finally got to test out my Marlin and took out my 1911 .45acp
Now I know why someone can easily put thousands of rounds thru the marlin. So much fun!
Lytle Creek? I have not been to Lytle Creek since the late 80's, so I'm running on the assumption the Forest Circus developed a proper range there.

That Marlin 60 is the kind of gun we used to keep on the rifle rack in the rear window of our trucks, parked on the main streets of Western Colorado, unlocked, windows down, keys in the ignition, and never gave it a second thought!
I lived in GJ 1995-2005 and it's changed a ton since 1995.

I still visit and a good friend of mine is a member of the Whitewater Gun Club, so shooting out there or 27 1/4 Rd in the Bookcliffs still happens on occasion. Some of the people on the BLM range are not very safety conscious though.

Lytle Creek? I have not been to Lytle Creek since the late 80's, so I'm running on the assumption the Forest Circus developed a proper range there.

It was at Angeles Shooting Range, it’s a nice range with steel targets up to 600 yards away.

I lived in GJ 1995-2005 and it's changed a ton since 1995.

I still visit and a good friend of mine is a member of the Whitewater Gun Club, so shooting out there or 27 1/4 Rd in the Bookcliffs still happens on occasion. Some of the people on the BLM range are not very safety conscious though.
I've been to that BLM range a few times.

Yes! I was in the usmc reserve. I’m expert with m16, and owned a plethora of long guns and handguns until I lost them all in a calamitous barn fire. Sad that.
Now I piddle around with bicycles. It’s a much cheaper hobby.
Those barn fires are sadly all too common. Boating accidents, too.

Some of my beloved long guns lost to Mrs. O'Leary's cow's wanton negligence. 😥

It's just as well, though. Somebody coulda got hurt.
I mean...think of the children!

Attachments

• IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 51
  • P3310004.JPG
    P3310004.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 51
  • P5070008.JPG