Any thoughts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Series 3, 1947. As RustyGold said, should have a little Cw over to the right of the number.
Awesome then that makes it even better than a Schwinn as far as I'm concerned, I have been looking for a or any bike made in 47 due to that was the year my mother was born, I lost her little over 2 years ago due to a doctors error, but that's what got me back in the bike shop only place to find peace at but a gift from above being a 47 , thanks to all that responded

IMG_20210914_105610755[1].jpg
IMG_20210914_105634472[1].jpg
IMG_20210914_105735218[1].jpg
IMG_20210915_012658829[1].jpg

RustyGold is right. With the "A Cw" that would be a 1950 bike. I thought the curved lower top tube was earlier but the number doesn't lie. Maybe they made straight bar frames later. Still beats a Schwinn, but I'm from Cleveland.

Great score. I agree with wildcat that getting a CWC frame is better than getting a Schwinn frame just about any day of the week.

The pics are MUCH better. Just a tip. If you ever have to take pics of any bike to get info about it, ALWAYS take a 90 degree full drive side pic first and foremost.

1631810987725.png

So It is a 1950 CWC frame, well thanks for everybody's input, now any suggestions on what do do with it, the BB cups just fall in place no pressing at all, so it pretty wore out already took the rack off and put on another bike, the springer is not installed correctly because it don't fit , so will have to get a fork, I guess I'm asking what would ya'll do with it? and I do apologize for my delayed replies, work schedule been crazy with no help, people don't want to work anymore, but thanks again to all of you.

Flipping the top attachment of the springer didn't work? That piece might need a little bending to line up with the spring cage bolt.
If the bearing cups don't have any slop they will be fine. Otherwise a new set of bearings usually comes with a new set of cups.
I would try to get that springer to fit right, take off the fender, and run it bare bones. Maybe with a set of apes and a comfortable seat.
If that springer won't fit, I'd get a 26" BMX fork and BMX handlebars and make it a klunker.
1632127785305.png

The pics are MUCH better. Just a tip. If you ever have to take pics of any bike to get info about it, ALWAYS take a 90 degree full drive side pic first and foremost.
Do you think it would be useful to create a 'sticky thread' that explains the preferred way to do this? I've had to counsel a few posters recently about their less-than-ideal photographs.

Great score. I agree with wildcat that getting a CWC frame is better than getting a Schwinn frame just about any day of the week.

View attachment 173294
I agree with Wildcat, try rto make adjustments to springer and get it to line up better. After that I would clean it up ,build it as is and start riding it. Once it is rolling you may want to leave it as is. Real good bones no matter what way you go with it. Good luck

Latest posts

Back