Anybody else have a motorcycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big chrome straight pipes on a classic Triumph motor. Music to my ears!

I love a nice dry clutch rattle as well

31311_1259700861972_1634645_n.jpg

Ducati owners always have to live with the never ending questions of

"Is that broken?"
"Is it supposed to sound like that?"

:rofl:

My red '44 Indian "Essential Civilian Use" Chief. Bought from a friend in New Mexico and completely restored. Sold it (big mistake), guy offered me stupid money. So then I bought the Model 741 Military Indian out of eBay. It had wound up in Russia after the war and they REALLY cobbled stuff up to keep it going. After the Iron Curtain fell, some guy went over there and found a barn full of old motorcycles and shipped them all to the U.S. It came to me in 10 boxes. Took me a couple of years to get the parts and as you can see, I "civilianized " it. The military parts just too hard to find. Wound up selling it too. Guy in England now owns it.View attachment 130606View attachment 130607
Super cool!! Amazingly enough, dad has a 345, (essential service 1945 with sidecar basket case, '36 junior scout basket case, and I have a '40 sport scout.

Technically i have several more but I parked the ones that are tagged and insured back here. This turd technically took me a minute to put back together. It had been parked for three years at least after the previous owner layed it down. xlr 1200 it had tall bent dork bars on it just before Christmas and plenty of garage kept crust

All this time playing with my tools and cleaning up the shop I think it might be time to tackle a restomod of the Old Grey Fellow. I found a new replica of this mill I just might be able to make work. I technically have a complete motor here. The head is on my desk but it's not like I don't have to replace things anyway so...
Whatever
IMG_20200802_114608.jpg

I have two. The 95 sportster has been through 3 major changes since 2007 (1st pic is the day I got it) but this is how it sits now. I'm going to sell it and my '03 Street glide clone, soon. It has a ton of late model parts on it and was a 100% stock Peace Officer Electrglide when I got it from my dad. I just dont ride anymore since I started playing with hot rods again. Last pic is my '41 blown Chevy truck, thats my passion.

95 sporty 2007.jpg
95 hd.jpg
sporty at spot 2.jpg
sporty at spot 1.jpg
10556847_10208884427815769_3001586361987666454_o.jpg
double.JPG

Last edited:
You like a good muscle bike, eh?

View attachment 130549
Yep, love power and speed...mostly hooligans and cafe racers. The Sportster I bought new started as an XLH883...within a year I had blown the rear head gasket, so did the 1200 kit, and cams, headwork and exhaust and started racing it on the weekends in the 'ThunderTwin' series (mostly Ducatis and Sportys, and a smattering of Brit bikes and even the occasional Moto Guzzi). That was also my primary street bike at the time, and I loved destroying all the sportbikes light to light. Every since then, I tend to gravitate towards big power naked bikes.

I've been on hiatus for quite a stretch, and I started looking at what I would get now if I was to pick up a ready to ride bike. My short list...

1) Indian FTR1200
2) Triumph Speed Triple
3) Ducati Hypermotard
4) KTM Super Duke R

...and I was leaning to the ugliest, the KTM (by far the quickest out of the group). However, I think I talked myself in to just building my ZRX engine, as 160hp should be fairly easy, maybe up to 180hp (considering swapping a ZX-14 engine in it, but there would be some tricky fabrication for the induction doing that). The ZRX is kind of a tank, but, if I have 160+hp, it'll run with the 3 of the 4 above :113: for a lot less $$$.

Yep, love power and speed...mostly hooligans and cafe racers. The Sportster I bought new started as an XLH883...within a year I had blown the rear head gasket, so did the 1200 kit, and cams, headwork and exhaust and started racing it on the weekends in the 'ThunderTwin' series (mostly Ducatis and Sportys, and a smattering of Brit bikes and even the occasional Moto Guzzi). That was also my primary street bike at the time, and I loved destroying all the sportbikes light to light. Every since then, I tend to gravitate towards big power naked bikes.

I've been on hiatus for quite a stretch, and I started looking at what I would get now if I was to pick up a ready to ride bike. My short list...

1) Indian FTR1200
2) Triumph Speed Triple
3) Ducati Hypermotard
4) KTM Super Duke R

...and I was leaning to the ugliest, the KTM (by far the quickest out of the group). However, I think I talked myself in to just building my ZRX engine, as 160hp should be fairly easy, maybe up to 180hp (considering swapping a ZX-14 engine in it, but there would be some tricky fabrication for the induction doing that). The ZRX is kind of a tank, but, if I have 160+hp, it'll run with the 3 of the 4 above :113: for a lot less $$$.

I've done more than a few track days and been lucky enough to sample 3 of your 4. The hyper is a blast to ride and makes you inadvertently wheelie every exit. The triple is by far the most docile and planted. I could lap one of those all day. The KTM on the other hand.......that's a handful. Like rip your face off and break some limbs if you don't have good control of your right wrist

My kinda girl :grin: :thumbsup:

Is that your FZR?

Was. That was my old street fighter

90 FZR
94 gsxr forks
Billet kosman triples with adjustable rake
1070 V&H motor
Billet V&H head
Custom V&H cams
NOS fogger
Ohlins shock
PM chicane wheels
Danny Gray upholstered Corbin seat done in ostrich hide

She's probably in the scrapyard by now. Sold it to a 20 year old kid to finance my Ducati habit

I think I talked myself in to just building my ZRX engine, as 160hp should be fairly easy, maybe up to 180hp (considering swapping a ZX-14 engine in it, but there would be some tricky fabrication for the induction doing that). The ZRX is kind of a tank, but, if I have 160+hp, it'll run with the 3 of the 4 above :113: for a lot less $$$.

Kawabusa

NP7L1134.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys are killing me with the great bikes! When I was 21, I had an '80CBX, '85 GPZ750 turbo, and '72 H2 750 project bike (as well as british bikes). I still have a pair of rough H2s and a handful of british bikes. I also still have a '79 KZ1300 i turned into a portly cafe, an '82 GS1100e, and some competition trials bikes. But the bike I ride everyday in the summer is an old DRZ400. Always the go to scoot.

Our friends Dad owned a motorcycle shop in Grand Prairie so we were always up there. Sr. collected Allstates and now Jr. owns the bike shop. My first motorcycle was actually the first one Jr. sold. I bought two wrecked Suzuki intruders and put them together. One slid down the highway and the other one rear ended a car. I put them together in the yard out back at the shop. Man I just realized that was probably twenty five years ago. Sr. was so **** proud of me. It looked great when I was done. I don't know if I can find any pictures but Jr. actually won the easy rider show in Dallas . We accidentally put "Fun Machine" in shop class and beat Orange county choppers and Martins brothers. we rode up there in the rain and just wiped the bike off. The other guys were pissed they didn't even pick up their trophies. I stapped Jr.s trophy to his sissy bar with my belt so we could take it home. It was a raked out custom rigid frame sportster with like an eight foot chrome fork and tall seventies looking sissy bar with red glitter diner vinyl saddle. He wrote the Fun Machine on the oil tank with paint marker. It had water spots all over it it was funny. We thought he really messed up. I actually had a garage apartment on the street behind the shop. It was 27 years ago I think I wasn't old enough to legally drink technically. Jr. was eighteen . He had just got old enough to sign titles
ronny longs motorcycles.png

Last edited:
You guys are killing me with the great bikes! When I was 21, I had an '80CBX, '85 GPZ750 turbo, and '72 H2 750 project bike (as well as british bikes). I still have a pair of rough H2s and a handful of british bikes. I also still have a '79 KZ1300 i turned into a portly cafe, an '82 GS1100e, and some competition trials bikes. But the bike I ride everyday in the summer is an old DRZ400. Always the go to scoot.

My brother used to run an H2 and a gpz1100 drag bike back in the day

750 turbo..........pile o cash with the right buyer

Was. That was my old street fighter

90 FZR
94 gsxr forks
Billet kosman triples with adjustable rake
1070 V&H motor
Billet V&H head
Custom V&H cams
NOS fogger
Ohlins shock
PM chicane wheels
Danny Gray upholstered Corbin seat done in ostrich hide
:43::43::43::43::43::43::43::43: :thumbsup:

Kawabusa that's a good one. This was my buddy Weston's bandit in high school. well technically it did.t look like that in high school but whatever. He finished it eventuallyView attachment 132237
Y'all's HS shop class was evidently a lot better than mine :bigsmile:

We got some bikes in common. Already mentioned my CBX, had a GPZ750 when I was in Japan...lusted after the H2 750 for much of my youth, then got to ride one...now I just would just like the engine for a project, but have zero desire for the rest of the bike. Since the CBX was my first real street bike, I've always been a fan of all the brands inline6 UJMs. I had a GS1150e briefly before I got my CB900F...I've always thought that the GS was the best looking of the pre-sportbike sportbikes, and with the best engine of the bunch (CBs being a close 2nd). Mine was stole and wrecked. I couldn't find another one at the time, so I got the CB and built up the engine in it.

Latest posts

Back