Anybody else have a motorcycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our friends Dad owned a motorcycle shop in Grand Prairie so we were always up there. Sr. collected Allstates and now Jr. owns the bike shop. My first motorcycle was actually the first one Jr. sold. I bought two wrecked Suzuki intruders and put them together. One slid down the highway and the other one rear ended a car. I put them together in the yard out back at the shop. Man I just realized that was probably twenty five years ago. Sr. was so **** proud of me. It looked great when I was done. I don't know if I can find any pictures but Jr. actually won the easy rider show in Dallas . We accidentally put "Fun Machine" in shop class and beat Orange county choppers and Martins brothers. we rode up there in the rain and just wiped the bike off. The other guys were pissed they didn't even pick up their trophies. I stapped Jr.s trophy to his sissy bar with my belt so we could take it home. It was a raked out custom rigid frame sportster with like an eight foot chrome fork and tall seventies looking sissy bar with red glitter diner vinyl saddle. He wrote the Fun Machine on the oil tank with paint marker. It had water spots all over it it was funny. We thought he really messed up. I actually had a garage apartment on the street behind the shop. It was 27 years ago I think I wasn't old enough to legally drink technically. Jr. was eighteen . He had just got old enough to sign titles
View attachment 132238
Good stuff!

Newer Zx10 mill would be a good option too!!
The ZRX engine is a detuned ZX11, so it's just cams, exhaust, and a little headwork away from that 160hp I mentioned. The ZRX bikes are a great package, it was an absolute bargain when I got it.

Got this one done and dusted.
49681443056_7f8d40b9af_c.jpg

49681746127_0c594daa1c_c.jpg

49681454531_181b52c390_c.jpg
Got a different seat and added the fairing, not 100% sold on the fairing?!
49959090162_dd64b45170_c.jpg

49396205-2770-4C73-8353-B97A5848A8A1.jpeg
A6CD1AE2-C720-48ED-A56D-CCE55F21CDDD.jpeg
09D662C3-85A4-49DF-9A91-D5CD1B1E4D9B.jpeg

My 1960 Honda C111 Sport Cub. Bought from a famous racer and owner of a Honda dealer. He sold it new, bought it back in 1974 and stored it until 2017. 14k miles which is a lot of miles on one of these as they dont have an oil pump and rev to 9500. Engine has never been opened other than valve covers. Fitted a nos coil and carb, cleaned out the tank and it fired up. I have a collection of small engine Hondas. Happy to load a few more if anyone interested

I don't have any of these any more

CBR250RR '97
1.JPG

4.JPG

I loved this little bike. Not gonna win any races against the big boys, but so fun, will surprise a WRX at the traffic lights, and is an amazing machine. 250cc, 4 cylinders the size of pencils, and 19,000rpm (not a typo). Revs like a F1 car.
It broke my wrist, and I cried when I eventually sold it.
Arm.jpg

Here's how it looked when I first got it. Pink stickers and all.
Bkr.jpg

My other bike was a shadow 1100 ace something something. I got this one after I discovered that riding with drop bars would shoot pain through my wrist with it's fancy new metal plate.
3.jpg

Great looking bike, sounded amazing, real nice to ride, and had the annoying habit of turning off while you were riding and not turning back on again, usually when you were quite far from home.
I'd have it back in a second, though.
2 (2).jpg

Saw there was some CBX fans here, bet you never had one of these. Way back I bought a CBX250 for someone who didn't deserve it. But I rode it reasonably frequently. It's fun, like a circus bike. Feels fast, goes real slow. Great thumpy single cylinder engine.
This is a pic from the net, because I never took one. But it looked just like this.
Honda CBX250 87.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really slick. How's that new powerplant? I am not opposed to the technology if it keeps the motor company in the game. Japan has had better gear for too long.

The supply was limited dur to shutdowns, and people discovered more spare time. Same thing happened to bikes, jet skis, BBQs, camping, etc. I predict a buyer's boom in the used market, as things will settle down eventually.

Hi! My name is Short Stuff and yes I have three motorcycles. An 82 CB750C, an 82 CB750C w/full faring, and a 76 Gold Wing. The wing was made before they were detuned for the US EPA stupidity. They then got worse fuel mileage. But the EPA was supposed to support less pollution which to me would look better if you burned a lot less gas. No one was going to ask me though.

Latest posts

Back