Anybody RC?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was into RC cars back in 1986-89.

I started with a Grasshopper and ended up with an RC10. I never could get the RC10 dialed in correctly, but I had an upgraded motor in the Grasshopper and that thing was a blast to run.

I had two or three other models during that time, but I can't remember what they were now.

I just remember how frustrated I got trying to build them back then when things wouldn't go together right. It was also frustrating having stuff break all of the time too.

Good memories overall though. :D

On a smaller scale
ebay038.jpg

As I drift on back...

RC cars racing was the best of times.

I built them faster than my ability to control them.(I aint gonna lie) I had to control myself.

But the all time BEST EVER (on a weekly basis) was spanking the shop owners' loud mouth cocky kid who got the best of everything for free.

I got the trophys and ribbons to prove it...and the shine marks on my Chucks off his a**.(The shame and sadness in his eyes was priceless)

His yammer was writing checks that his daddy's shop car couldnt cash.

I know for a fact that he was cheatin' everybody else...EXCEPT ME!

(RC10 dirt oval)

Hey RAT,I started out running a used Grasshopper in the dirt oval Modified class...

Came in second against the $$$ big boys.(RC10's etc)

Needless to say...it aint too much stock anymore.

I last ran it as a 10 scale Carpet Racer.

Rat Rod said:
I was into RC cars back in 1986-89.

I started with a Grasshopper and ended up with an RC10. I never could get the RC10 dialed in correctly, but I had an upgraded motor in the Grasshopper and that thing was a blast to run.

I had two or three other models during that time, but I can't remember what they were now.

I just remember how frustrated I got trying to build them back then when things wouldn't go together right. It was also frustrating having stuff break all of the time too.

Good memories overall though. :D

i colect those! :mrgreen:

Im still trying to buy back the Tamiya Rough Rider I sold way back in the day.

The girl says she stll has it...somewhere.

Wish me luck.

Latest posts

Back